Sign in to follow this  
denali

Avsim Multi-posting Glitch

This site has a really nice viewing/posting system, especially with the new update.   But I've noticed a large number of multiple posts, and I think I know the cause.  

It seems to happen when I edit my original post immediately after posting it.  

I know this is off topic for this forum, but I wonder if it might help the monitors with that workload if there was a locked post mentioning this until there is a fix.

I realize this will probably get moved/deleted.

This site has a really nice viewing/posting system, especially with the new update.   But I've noticed a large number of multiple posts, and I think I know the cause.  

It seems to happen when I edit my original post immediately after posting it.  

I know this is off topic for this forum, but I wonder if it might help the monitors with that workload if there was a locked post mentioning this until there is a fix.

I realize this will probably get moved/deleted.

It is not a "glitch". It is users who are too impatient to wait for the system to catch up with them. As the number of users doing things on the system increases, the load on it increases as well. Just push the POST button ONCE and wait. Don't hit the post button again. Be patient and your post will appear.

It is not a "glitch". It is users who are too impatient to wait for the system to catch up with them. As the number of users doing things on the system increases, the load on it increases as well. Just push the POST button ONCE and wait. Don't hit the post button again. Be patient and your post will appear.

Sigh.  

Okay

Do mods have to take out the multiposts?  Would it help to have a "slow down" message at the bottom of the posting dialog?

Thanks for this site Tom.

Do mods have to take out the multiposts? Would it help to have a "slow down" message at the bottom of the posting dialog?

Yes, they do. So an impatient user just increases our work load.

Or since that the warning system works to give a user a warning before his/her next post, you could use that to get poster's attention if they seem to be having excessive speed issues.

What has this to do with Prepar3D?

Typical flightsimmers......got nothing to do on a 14 hour 777 flight but can't wait 2 seconds for his post to appear without hitting POST again and again.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Typical flightsimmers......got nothing to do on a 14 hour 777 flight but can't wait 2 seconds for his post to appear without hitting POST again and again.

LOL.  That, and typical code monkey.   If I can cut 300 milliseconds off my time for anything, I'll take that route, server be damned.  I code while I sim-fly.

What has this to do with Prepar3D?

I think as Prepar3d becomes easier to use these forums will get busier.  Just trying to help.

In that case, there must be an issue with Tapatalk for the iPad also. Or, if there is a delay, it reposts.

Here are the steps I take when a double post is generated. Simply for information.

1. Write post.

2. Press send.

3. Put iPad down and go do something else.

4 return maybe 10 min later and a double post is generated.