Sign in to follow this  
styckx

East of Bella Coola

Just a couple from my flight yesterday. On my way to CYML. Was a beauty.

Q0YNqCT.jpg

SHV4YJE.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Nice shots. CYML, I don't think so. You must mean CYWL: Williams Lake instead of Charlevoix, Quebec.

Cheers Bill

Pierre

Pierre

Nice shots. CYML, I don't think so. You must mean CYWL: Williams Lake instead of Charlevoix, Quebec.

Cheers Bill

Pierre

Yup.. :blush:  Typo on my part.. Was indeed Williams Lake...  You're on the ball.  :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Nice shots.

Glad you made it yesterday as the weather is going south (not southern weather, going south as in snow storm!)

Nice shots.

Glad you made it yesterday as the weather is going south (not southern weather, going south as in snow storm!)

It's funny you say that.. Soon after I cleared the mountains I fired up AS2012 and was immediately hit with stiff westward wind and driving snow. It's the only reason I stopped at Williams Lake as it was just miserable to fly in

It's funny you say that.. Soon after I cleared the mountains I fired up AS2012 and was immediately hit with stiff westward wind and driving snow. It's the only reason I stopped at Williams Lake as it was just miserable to fly in

I flew into PAJN today (from PANC) and just made it in with 1SM vis in snow. Seen on the weather network that they call for 30CM in the Kitamat area.

I flew into PAJN today (from PANC) and just made it in with 1SM vis in snow. Seen on the weather network that they call for 30CM in the Kitamat area.

I don't know what was going on up there but I never experienced such violent shifts in weather between altitude layers before.  I'd be descending/ascending and hit a pocket of just violentness. It was a sucker punch affect.. And 500ft later it cleared up. Between FL110 and at ground level there must have been 3-4 different pockets of just violent winds to go through.. Was wild.. But no match for a 172..  :lol: