DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Hang Signature 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=0a03
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Hang Signature 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Hang Signature 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=f7fc
DynamicSig[26].Name=Additional Hang Signature 5
DynamicSig[26].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

I recently upgraded my processor to an I73770k after successfully updating the bios. A fresh FSX install.

I am currently running FSX/Acceleraton with the only following addons Opus FSX, Fsuipc (current version), FTXGlobal,  PMDG 777, 737 and the majestic q400. I get apphangs with all three aircraft.

I following NickN Win7 installation to the tee. And configured FSX per the guide from this site. I updated all my drivers to the most current version. I have Uiautomationcore.dll version.16386 installed.

The following is my system specs

Win 7 Home

Asus P8P67

Intel I73770k overclocked to 4.5

Nvidia 660 TI

FSX/Acceration

I thought maybe it what a bad fsx.cfg, so I tried a fresh one (no tweaks) which resulted in an apphang. I tried Kostas setting, also an apphang. I also tried Nickn settings, and again an apphang.

I tested my memory and found no errors. Ran chkdsk and no errors. I tried to use the program whatishang.exe but with FSX frozen along with the desktop I couldnt open it. The only thing I can thing is a bad overclock or voltages, but ran Prime95 and had no problems. No BSODS, just FSX freezing about 10-30 minutes.

I thought maybe a program was trying to call the internet but through processexplorer I cannot find anything that would be causing that. No antivirus running except MS security essentials. The only thing suspect is Intel watchdog timer driver and I cannot figure out what that is for.

So, I am out of ideas. I tried to solve this on my own but cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are any programs running correctly?  May also be the uiautomationcore.dll errors. Do you have that in your FSX folder?

All other programs seem to be running fine. And yes i have uiautomationcore.dll in my fsx folder.

Use occt instead of prime and perform medium test for at least 1 hour.

How much ram do You have?

Do You use highmemFix?

The only thing suspect is Intel watchdog timer driver and I cannot figure out what that is for.

This might be the problem - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchdog_timer.%C2'>

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do you by chance know what its for. i will disable it and test my system.

Do you by chance know what its for. i will disable it and test my system.

I had posted the link but it did not show up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchdog_timer

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Removed the program issue still persists,

My overclock voltage is set at 1.29 volts, overclocked to 4.5 ghz. I set the memory timings manually according to what cpu-z indicated while xmp mode.

Does 1.29 volts sound ok for an ivy bridge processor? Very familiar with sandy bridge overclocking, new to ivy bridge. My temps while running fsx do not exceed 60 so i dont think its an overheat issue

alright, seemed to figure it out. My system did not seem to like the realtek drivers that were installed. Rolled back the drivers to an older version. No issues after a couple days of using fsx.