Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSX Beta 3.38.2

We found a problem with Beta 3.38.2 regarding the wind targets so we will revert back to the old method for wind injection and after some further testing will post a new Beta.

We did make an improvement in getting rid of more cloud popping in beta 3.38.2 so we are encouraged by that.

Cheryl

Was there also issues with seeing precipitation? I had snow in the weather report but none happening on screen, tried another weather program and it had snow falling. I have gone back to 3.37.5 and snow falling again. I will stay with that for now.

Thanks for your good work

Darcy

Was there also issues with seeing precipitation? I had snow in the weather report but none happening on screen, tried another weather program and it had snow falling. I have gone back to 3.37.5 and snow falling again. I will stay with that for now.

Same issue here for precip.  METAR from the test flight departure airport:

CYBL 121800Z 13005KT 15SM -RA BKN013 OVC030

Sky conditions matched but no rain on field or at any time after departure.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott, I will correct the precipitation base level, looks like its sitting above ground at the moment.

I'll post the fix in a few moments.

Stephen :-)

I now have 3.38.6 and not getting preciption again? It says light snow (CYEG) but none falling?

Thanks

Darcy

OK, I will check it out.

Stephen

Do you have the METAR, or are you looking at the Opus weather report. Can you inject weather with the Spy window open to check for any errors and I will try here.

Stephen

I have plenty of snow falling using 3.90.0 beta. I will install 3.38.6 and try that.

Try checking for errors. Is your OpusWeather.WTB file being updated in your simulators Weather\theme folder during the weather update?

Stephen

If you open the spy window it may report an exception error, there may be something wrong with the build. We are investigating now.

Try 3.39.0 beta.

Stephen

We have confirmed there is a corrupt build with 3.38.6 so we have just posted a new purchase and upgrade for 3.39.0.

Please upgrade to Version 3.39.0 Beta using the Beta button.

Stephen

Let us know how you get on with 3.39.0. I have just downloaded and re-installed the version and tested it at CYEG, plenty of Christmas snow there and no problems.

Sorry for any inconvenience to you and any other 3.38.6 users who downloaded the corrupt msi (don't know if the problem affected the Purchase EXE, something I did or whether the msi file just got corrupted on the server).

Stephen :-D

Downloaded 3.39.0 and still no precip on the ground. CYEG shows light snow in weather report but nothing happening. Clouds all look correct.

Darcy

Strange, we have plenty of snow falling. Do you have an anti virus program active or something that would be blocking the weather update? Or perhaps another source of weather active?

Try deleting the OpusWeather.WTB file in you simulators Weather\theme file and then update the weather and make sure the file is transferred ok for the update.

Sounds like no weather is being injected.

Stephen