Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

FTX EU Ireland released

Two quick questions:

• Does anyone know whether the Ireland title includes mesh data? And if 'yes', does this mesh extend into the NIR region? (My reason for asking is, the NIR title didn't include any mesh data on release.)
  • Who are the developers of FTX EU Ireland? My guess is it's still Sim720, but ORBX only mention "a group of developers" ... which basically seconds my conjecture!!!   :lol:

Thanks for your replies!!

EDIT:

Found a post confirming that it's actually SIM720 here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69002-eu-irl-my-first-shots/?p=634938

Now only the mesh question remains ...   B)

Edited by olli4740

No mesh = no buy, wasn't pleased with NI

Wonder how many landmarks and custom objects they've included...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Well, I've spent a while browsing the screenshots on ORBX...

The only POI that's stood out to me so far is  the Poolbeg power station - missing those would be as bad as omitting the H&W cranes from Belfast... hmmm

EIDW looks extremely basic - apparently they didn't bother doing much with it as Aerosoft are working on one....

The mountains appear soft and rounded which says that, like NI, there is no upgraded mesh for this scenery.

The ground textures, like with NI, look extremely good and highly appropriate for the Irish countryside.

EICM looks pretty good, but the terminal building seems to be a large hangar now, there's a fantastic freeware offering out there.

EIKN looks pretty basic, but I'm not familiar enough with the airport to know what's right or wrong.

Have recently installed FTX Ireland and, having done a few hours of VFR flying using it, I can say I am impressed by this product. As a native of Ireland and one who has spent many many hours in real life flying over the Irish countryside, I can say that, with a few exceptions, it is beautifully and perfectly represented here! The textures of most of the mountains and boglands in the west are faultless as are the pastureland and farms. My criticisms, taking into account the outstanding quality of this work, are minor, but some of the wonderful and extensive beaches on the west coast are missing (but perhaps the FTX Vector program will address this?); the texture of the Burren, an amazing 250 sq km area of hills and coastline consisting of almost terraced limestone rock in north County Clare is not quite right (I have pointed this out in a post on the Orbx forum so hopefully it might be addressed) and some prominent landmarks are missing and really need to be included in any future patch as many would important for VFR flying and navigation.

With regard to mesh, unfortunately it doesn't come with this but I would have to say that that doesn't hugely detract from the quality and enjoyment of the scenery, particularly as a lot of Irish mountains are actually soft and rounded anyway! However I already had the FSGenesis Ireland mesh which I have installed and that certainly improves the appearance of some of the more jagged or peaked mountains.

I use the Eiresim versions of EIDW, EINN and EICK and these work well although I must point out that there appears to be significant issues with the landclass files that come with EIDW and EICK, to which I have referred in a post in the Orbx forum, and these need to be deactivated or deleted. As has been mentioned above, there is fantastic freeware out there in the form of George Keogh's Irish airports/airfields (a total of 18 - 3 of which are not represented in the Orbx product) and as I think they are slightly more accurate than the Orbx airports I have installed all of these. There are however some issues with inappropriately placed trees within the airport boundaries in EICM, EIAB and EITM (haven't yet worked out how to get rid of these) and odd/unreal  landclass around the airfields in VFR Vol 4 (corrected by inactivating the LC_EICN_river_grass..., LC_EI50... and LC_EI55 files). WIth regard to the Orbx Ireland airports not covered by the Eiresim payware or George's freeware, I would have to say the ones I have visited so far in the Orbx product are quite good and reasonably accurate.

Overall I would strongly recommend this product, which although needing an update to address some issues, is, in my opinion, already amazing!

Bill

I would buy more Orbx products if they made them easier to buy. The usual store is http://www.flightsimstore.com;but they do not sell to the USA. What a bummer.

i'm in the usa and i've bought tons of addons from those guys. not sure where you got that info. why wouldn't they sell to people in the usa?? :) i think that's where i got REX from, also.

cheers

-andy crosby

Overall I would strongly recommend this product, which although needing an update to address some issues, is, in my opinion, already amazing!

Have to agree with Bill there, very happy with Orbtx Ireland. Also the upgraded airports that come with the package are pretty good, throw some traffic in there and you have some nice little airports.

I have all of the FTX regions in the UK, and all of them have mesh except Ireland and NI. However, if I hadn't checked the files for these products I wouldn't have known, as Ireland and Northern Ireland look very good in my opinion, and I am not sure if I could tell the difference appearance wise between them and Wales, England or Scotland.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I would buy more Orbx products if they made them easier to buy. The usual store is http://www.flightsimstore.com;but they do not sell to the USA. What a bummer.

Hello Ultimate Terrain

Of course they sell to the USA, it's their biggest market. Check you have not got parent control on!!

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"