Sign in to follow this  

FTX Global 1.2 is out but...

Let's hope this isn't going to be a problem with all addons...

Since LM doesn't want to develop realistic aircraft, scenery, weather, AI, ATC, airports etc. let's hope we're not going to witness an eternal ping-pong match between LM and 3PD developers on who's to blame for whatever isn't working.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Let's hope this isn't going to be a problem with all addons...

Since LM doesn't want to develop realistic aircraft, scenery, weather, AI, ATC, airports etc. let's hope we're not going to witness an eternal ping-pong match between LM and 3PD developers on who's to blame for whatever isn't working.

Isn't the key to P3Dv2 that LM has given enough access to the core of V2 so that 3pds can make any necessary changes required.

Isn't the key to P3Dv2 that LM has given enough access to the core of V2 so that 3pds can make any necessary changes required.

I don't think there are any extrenal developers that have access to the core. The impression I get is that LM are more open than Microsoft ever was and willing to have an honest dialogue with anyone interested in serious development for the platform.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I was under the impression from JV's remarks a few months back, that ORBX and P3D were in some sort of a relationship and ORBX was going to be more oriented towards P3D.

But like most relationships, they falter?

JV must be a very giddy guy with all his U-turns

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

…it only solves the missing textures problem (where the previous installer failed to overwrite some default ones). Pity. No fix for the white lights problem yet: Orbx wants LM to fix it and LM seems to want Orbx to fix it...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69629-ftx-global-120-patch/

Is there a link to this "white lights" thing? I would like to test that. I refrained from using P3Dv2 until this 1.20 for Global released. Now I am going to do some more test flights. My 7970 really seems to like it. Sort of. Still the most glaring omission for me seems to be RXPGNS but hey. What ya gonna do.

Charles.

Is there a link to this "white lights" thing?

The biggest chance on seeing those white lights is to install FTX Global and take off near a large city when there is a bit of fog in the distance, at least no unlimited visibility. And let Volumetric fog turned off because that helps a lot of people (but which isn't a real solution because volumetric fog brings performance down with heavy weather (and slightly older GPU's). You will see those white lights usually a bit in the distance.

Isn't FTX Global one of the add-ons that cause OOMs in Prepar3D 2.0? Are they going to do anything about that?

Is WHO going to do something about it?. Sensing a lack of Zen. :)

Isn't FTX Global one of the add-ons that cause OOMs in Prepar3D 2.0? Are they going to do anything about that?

Is it?  Is there a link to where this was studied and demonstrated? 

I run FTX Global and haven't had an OOM since about two days after P3Dv2 came out and I pulled the LoD and mesh settings back to mid-range.  I only got OOMs when I had them maxed.

No, FTX Global itself is not causing the OOM's; many are running it without any problems, including myself.

Well I plan on installing this here in a bit and I guess I will see what VAS is at default first and then with Global 1.2 installed. :)

Will report back.

C.

I think the OOMs blamed on FTXG are far more likely caused by other add-ons, namely because those that shoved FTXG in to P3D2 on day one, likely did the same with countless other add-ons without much concern for compatibility.

Seems that I'll be waiting a bit longer though, as unless I am reading this wrong, it still isn't completely fixed.

Regards,

Brian Doney