Sign in to follow this  
Mr767

Everything worked but fps from VC-view

So I finally decided to give DX10 a chance, spending a few hours collecting the various tweaks, necessary files and applying the changes to my FSX installation.

Using the most common settings (AVSIM forum) I got everything working, except for acceptable frame rates from VC-view. Before I fixed vsync, frame rates were fine all over, but once I killed the tearing, fps dropped to 18-24 from VC-view. In spot view, fps remained steady at 29-30.

I already had everything working smoothly with DX9, so I gave up. FSX in DX10 looks good, but there is only so much time left over for tweaking these days...

Maybe someone has a cure? 

Just read this by Paul J: 

«Force FullScreenVsync=1 should not be used, as it eats ~ 4fps. Just delete the line completely.

Vsync is handled by your (correct) settings (at the bottom of the Inspector screenshot) and in cahoots with "DisablePreLoad=1 in [Main] - so you need to put that line in - it's not there right now..»

I used the above tweak, and 4fps was about what was lacking from VC-view... Alright, I am tempted to try again.

Glad you might have an answer, 767!

Here's some reading for you, which might help even more (if you haven't read it already).

The last this I should mention - when asking for a bit of assistance here and there - it really, really, really helps if put your system specs and cpu speed (and overclock) in your profile, so that it appears under your Avatar. Then - copy and rename your fsx.cfg to "[your username here}_fsx.txt", and attach it to a reply, using the "More Reply Options" (bottom-right). Follow that by posting a screenshot of your Inspector settings. 

This makes all the difference between a "guess" and a normal pc diagnostic process.

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Glad you might have an answer, 767!

Here's some reading for you, which might help even more (if you haven't read it already).

The last this I should mention - when asking for a bit of assistance here and there - it really, really, really helps if put your system specs and cpu speed (and overclock) in your profile, so that it appears under your Avatar. Then - copy and rename your fsx.cfg to "[your username here}_fsx.txt", and attach it to a reply, using the "More Reply Options" (bottom-right). Follow that by posting a screenshot of your Inspector settings. 

This makes all the difference between a "guess" and a normal pc diagnostic process.

Thanks,

pj

But of course, you are absolutely right! I will do so in a so in a few and at the latest before my next post. Thank you - and btw - whatever happened to fsx in the four years I was gone? By now it totally rocks!

We have bigger engines, superchargers, turbo, high-lift cams, 8-barrel fuel injection, hypergolic diethyl-hydrazine BTU-controlling coolant systems, plus faster-than-light bit, nibble and byte processing power (BNBPP).

.. and, on top of that - there's Nick's Bible (for the religious among us...)  B)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.