Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Do you buy a new plane when you crash?

Ive crashed the PMDG 747 in the past so deleted my install and paid for a new one. I know some people may find that silly but if there is no incentive to not fail whats the point lol. And i suppose it gives devs more money :P

Good heavens lad! You been on the wibbly bonkers juice?

H.W.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Is this post for real? Are we at innocents day already? If so, that's a really good one! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

Lol i was only joking but if people spend £10,000s on home cockpits I wouldnt be surprised if people do.

Ive crashed the PMDG 747 in the past so deleted my install and paid for a new one. I know some people may find that silly but if there is no incentive to not fail whats the point lol. And i suppose it gives devs more money :P

drugs-are-bad-mmkay.jpg

Lol i was only joking but if people spend £10,000s on home cockpits I wouldnt be surprised if people do.

Glad to hear it was a joke! Otherwise I would suggest spending the cash on therapy :)

I think spending large amounts of cash on high end hardware is fine if you have the money. Try real world flying as a hobby, or even restoring cars and you will see that our hobby is very cheap.

Repurchasing aircraft because you crashed it in a simulator.. Time to change the medication!

Rob Prest

I crashed my payware planes so many times, the developers would sure build a statue in my honour. :lol:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I had a conversation with Snave once on the Aerosoft forum where he argued for exactly what you were saying. His contention was that when you damaged a plane, it would be put out of service for the same period a real plane repair would take, and that if you destroyed the airplane it would be automatically deleted from your library.

The real point was he was upset at people not taking simulation "seriously" enough and doing silly things like loops and flying under bridges, and that if anyone wanted to simulate aerial combat, the plane should be deleted if shot down.

It was a...... lively conversation.  :lol:

I would not want to be a mod on the Forum of any company that tried putting a policy like that into practice........ 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Probably the closest I've ever seen a scheme like that actually implemented in software:  I remember a computer role playing game from the 1980's called Autoduel.  Might have even been a Lord British game, but I don't remember. If your character died, you could not restore the game from where you last left off or at any point prior.  You had to start at the very beginning, which might have been some crazy number of hours back.

Every time I crash in fs I beat my head against a tree and when people ask why I'm so brushed up. I look them dead in the eye and say plane crash. JK lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

this has been something I struggle with as well... 

providing CONSEQUENCES to my ACTIONS in fs..

I think if you crash, you shouldn't be able to flight sim for a whole month.. or if you crash.. you have to reformat your hd! yikes!

if you would play fs like this.. I think all the landings would be really nerve racking!

or you can't ever use that paint job and registration number again..

Ciao!

this has been something I struggle with as well... 

providing CONSEQUENCES to my ACTIONS in fs..

I think if you crash, you shouldn't be able to flight sim for a whole month.. or if you crash.. you have to reformat your hd! yikes!

if you would play fs like this.. I think all the landings would be really nerve racking!

or you can't ever use that paint job and registration number again..

Anyone who has the self control to do that, and the urge for same..... I say go for it!!

Any payware producer who gets the urge to add that as a feature, though....

Sounds like one of the quickest ways to put yourself out of business. Ever!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Reminding myself that you should address the issue and not the person raising it, I'll just say that that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. As real as it gets has its reasonable limits. For example:

1) I don't don a uniform when I fly. In fact, I flew in my underwear last night. That might be grounds for termination at most airlines, but that doesn't mean I'm prepared to repurchase the PMDG 777. Sorry Ryan.

2) I like to drink in the evening sometimes. Scotch or wine, sometimes beer. Sometimes all three. ----- Grounds for termination, a visit from the FAA and criminal prosecution.

3) I've been known to fly straight through grey towering CB clouds just to see how the plane reacts. I did a flight from KJFK to KBOS during the height of Hurricane Sandy just because. I may have to try that again with Active Sky Next. Again, considering the number of flights that were cancelled that day, I'd have some explaining to do if I chartered my own flight with my airline's 737-800 to take some folks up to Boston despite the fact that NYC airports were closed due to weather conditions (like flooded runways). ----- Again, grounds for termination, a visit from the FAA and criminal prosecution.

As Real as it Gets--without being ridiculous.