Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Is this review accurate?

Once again I am on the hunt for a good ATC program and am wondering if anybody can give me a opinion on VOX ATC through hands on experience.

The review below is of V6.0 and sounds impressive and I understand there is a major update (V6.2) now available.

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jack/vatc/vatc.htm

FYI, I did try V5 some time back and could not get it to work with UT2, however I now own and use MTX, which I do not hear so much discussion on its compatibility with VOX ATC.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

ive used VoxATC and enjoy it, great voice recognition! Its a bit temperamental giving SIDS and STARS though. Doesnt control MTX traffic too well but works most of the time.

ive used VoxATC and enjoy it, great voice recognition! Its a bit temperamental giving SIDS and STARS though. Doesnt control MTX traffic too well but works most of the time.

Thanks for your reply, could you enlarge on your experience as far as not controlling MTX traffic too well?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Thanks for your reply, could you enlarge on your experience as far as not controlling MTX traffic too well?

Regards,

Ive had planes taxi into me. And ATC is really frustrating when you want it to assign a SID and STAR as sometimes it doenst. But otherwise its very immersive.

If you want offline ATC, your two best options are, IMO:

• RadarContact
  • and VoxATC

(There's also ProFlightEmulator which a number of people like, but I, personally can't recommend it.)

VoxATC has "native" voice control and the (occasional :P) assignment of SIDs and STARs.

RadarContact has more options than Vox but for voice control to work you need the extra payware MCE. And it doesn't assign SIDs and STARs. (But you can request IAPs.)

Bottom line:

If you want voice-controlled ATC and the combination of RC and MCE seems too expensive, or if you want to get procedures assigned by ATC, then Vox is your only option, IMO. And it's actually a quite immersive one ...

Thanks guys, I actually have installed the 7 day trial but guess what, exactly the same problem as with UT2 two years ago when I tried it. No AI traffic except for C172s and that is all ATC is interacting with besides me.

Very strange coincidence or something I am missing and nobody can find. Last time I gave up and the dev too.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I definitely get commercial AI flights with Vox and MT2010.

You DID try international airports, didn't you?

Yes, KSFO, KDFW, etc. could you do me a favor and post your simobjectspaths entries under MAIN in your FSX cfg. I have MT in there but I don't know if maybe I am missing something else.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Yes, in fact I have reset my FSX sliders while running VOX and all my MTX traffic returns, but of course it is not controlled or interacted with by VOXATC.

Edit: no matter what I try, I get lots of Cessnas parked and taxiing and lots of VOXATC chatter with Cessnas only.

Rick Hobbs

Simobjectspaths entries:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

Hope that helps ...

BTW, what are your Vox AI traffic settings? Defaulting to 50%?

Try PFE Deluxe with voice expansion pack. It works like charm. Initially it's a bit of work as you need to set the SIDs and STARs but once you get used to it will be absolutely brilliant. 

- May be by saying 'brilliant' I over stated it a little bit  ^_^

Simobjectspaths entries:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

Hope that helps ...

BTW, what are your Vox AI traffic settings? Defaulting to 50%?

Thanks Oliver, same as mine.

tried every percent up to 100%

Try PFE Deluxe with voice expansion pack. It works like charm. Initially it's a bit of work as you need to set the SIDs and STARs but once you get used to it will be absolutely brilliant. 

- May be by saying 'brilliant' I over stated it a little bit  ^_^

Yeah thanks Ronnie, if this doesn't work (and I am willing to try for the next 6 days), I will be looking that way. funny thing is, I used to own PFE but lost the CD and can't track down where I originally purchased, so will have to re purchase if I end up going that route.

This is really weird, exactly the same all over from 2 years ago with a different rig and a different AI addon.

There has to be a common denominator.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

There is a little install for VoxATC and UT2 users.

Its called UT2Bridge or something like that.

After that small install you will have traffic with UT2.

I had odd traffic UT2 behavior using the voxatc trial. I had kingair traffic taxiing through the dirt and to me it seemed as if the flight and interactions were scripted for you. I couldn't depart an airport VFR, fly to another local airport and initiate contact with the other tower or center.. You had to fly using a flight plan if you wanted to depart the airspace around your local airport. 

-Damien