Sign in to follow this  
aerhead1

What am I missiing?

The words "Academic version" stamped on the top right corner of the screen is so small and unobstrusive, I can honestly say I never even notice it. In fact, after reading this thread, I had to fire up P3D to check if it was still there.

The only thing I hate in P3D is the P3D logo in the "academic"version. They say it's small... small? My *! It's HUGE and it's awful, just like all those idiotic TV logo's, as iff I don't know what I'm wathching.

You have a very strange definition of "HUGE" then, as the actual watermark is actually a slightly smaller font than the red text in the upper right corner, and it's a very pale and washed out light grey to boot! :LMAO:

prepar3d_AcademicWatermark.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The words "Academic version" stamped on the top right corner of the screen is so small and unobstrusive, I can honestly say I never even notice it. In fact, after reading this thread, I had to fire up P3D to check if it was still there.

Why did I see movies with a logo that is a globe with orbiting letters P3D?? That isn't the same as you say... is yours V2.0?

Yes, sure, V2.0 Also the same in 1.4 I've never seen a logo as such, only the words. That's why I've never understood what the fuss was about. Honestly, for me, totally unnoticeable. Could they have been advertising movies ?

You have a very strange definition of "HUGE" then

My wife said something similar to me once, but we won't go into that... :lol:

I do not notice the watermark, and feel no need to pay the vast extra to not have it there.

but $140 is a lot of money for a logo...

and feel no need to pay the vast extra to not have it there

This isn't the reason you would have to pay 'extra'. And besides, you are not paying extra when you buy the pro license, you are getting a discount when you buy the amateur license. Big difference.  :rolleyes:  ^_^

This isn't the reason you would have to pay 'extra'. And besides, you are not paying extra when you buy the pro license, you are getting a discount when you buy the amateur license. Big difference.  :rolleyes:  ^_^

Doh... I do know all that... :rolleyes:

you are getting a discount when you buy the amateur license

Amateur license? Didn't know there was an amateur license…?  :rolleyes:  B)

Amateur license? Didn't know there was an amateur license…?  :rolleyes:  B)

Are you arguing with yourself now Jeroen :P

Maybe LM should offer a wider selection of licences... something to suit all needs.

'The whinger' LM pay us to use their beta software.

'The peasant' £1 lifetime inc. all new versions.

'The evangelist' £1000 per month, just because you can, and P3D is so great, and you want everyone to know... that has a really big watermark.

Can't think of any more :rolleyes:

Why did I see movies with a logo that is a globe with orbiting letters P3D?? That isn't the same as you say... is yours V2.0?

That was added "post production" by their editing software. Actually, I only have the "Developer's" P3Dv2 version. I simply googled up a screenshot showing the actual "watermark" on the Academic version.

Fr. Bill    

That was added "post production" by their editing software. Actually, I only have the "Developer's" P3Dv2 version. I simply googled up a screenshot showing the actual "watermark" on the Academic version.

There's the Internet for you... one doesn't know what to believe. You Googled and turned up with a -indeed- very small and neat watermark. I googled and found a film with the P3D logo in the top right corner. So what is it?

It's the -indeed- very small and neat watermark.

There's the Internet for you... one doesn't know what to believe. You Googled and turned up with a -indeed- very small and neat watermark. I googled and found a film with the P3D logo in the top right corner. So what is it?

I've been involved with P3D since the very beginning. It is precisely what is shown in my screen clip, and as confirmed by Jeroen...

Fr. Bill    

I can also confirm that it's a small bit of text that's basically transparent.  I can't say I've ever noticed it unless I looked for it.  It's completely unobtrusive and unless you're looking for things to be angry about you won't see it.

-stefan

Okay convinced, a very small grey watermark. i will save me some money to buy a proper DX11 card [summerseason is probably the best time to do so - giving the stats] and buy the "amateur" - acadmic license :P  Once it's running..... I will even try to get rid of the neat small watermark as well [please don't tell LM] :rolleyes:

Just like my video image to be very clean. B)