Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

The Rio-Sao Paulo shuttle on the NGX even better!

For anyone who likes to use the Gol Airlines -700WL and -800WL SPF between SBRJ and SBSP, I humbly suggest these two scenery packages.  I'm in no way affiliated with the developer, but having flown the route in real life, these packages provide incredible visuals with minimal performance impact on my system.

http://secure.simmarket.com/paulo-ricardo-fsx.mhtml

Cheers!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Perfect scenery indeed... When Oculus Rift is launched, it will be very nice to make those visual approaches into Santos Dumont...

I keep getting requests from people on my Youtube channel to go to new places.
While some of those requests can't be accomodated very well, ie:

"Hey go to *such and such* airport!" 

- Last time I saw Vatsim ATC online there was in 2004! so... I'd rather not go there.

Sao Paulo and Rio are very often online. Unfortunatley I always notice them well too late to make use of them, I wish they'd publish their flyins more broadly. ie:

Aah I just woke up, it's 8am here in Australia, I might go flying. Ooh Look lots of ATC and traffic on in Brazil... *Controller is closing in 30 minutes because they have been online for 5 hours already*.

I reccon having the scenery for the place might encourage me to head there more often.

I go to Brasil often.  I love watching the planes landing at Dumont airport from Sugarloaf.  I've done the GRU to SBRJ (Dumont) a lot with the PMDG 737.   It is an excellent flight.

I'll definatelyadd the add on scenery. 

For a real challenge, I do Rio International Galeao to Dumont.  I got to try this one with a 777.

BTW, American airlines flies Sao Paulo to Rio in a 777 before returning back to KJFK.  It has to be one of the shortest 777 scheduled flights,

Paul Gugliotta

love this sector. First time was in a Varig Electra from SBSP to SBRJ. Absolutely breathtaking. Went there since in a B732 and last an A318.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Got it and flew it WOWWOWWEEWA! Best I've seen especially at night thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I just finished the short flight from SBGL (Rio Intl Airport) to the little SBRJ (Santos Dumont) with my PMDG 777.   I landed on 22L  - a 4,300 ft runway.  I only needed 2,185 feet to come to a complete stop.

My weight was 430,000 lbs.   Are the brakes on the 777 that good?  or is the flight model wrong? 

Paul Gugliotta

Try landing on 02R performing the BARRA visual approach procedure. That brings out the magic of this sector.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I used to have a lot of fun on this route in FS9. There were pretty good freeware sceneries for this area, and flying into Sao Paulo/Congonhas was especially fun because it seemed like there was always some pretty low overcast or somewhat challenging weather.

I just finished the short flight from SBGL (Rio Intl Airport) to the little SBRJ (Santos Dumont) with my PMDG 777. I landed on 22L - a 4,300 ft runway. I only needed 2,185 feet to come to a complete stop.

My weight was 430,000 lbs. Are the brakes on the 777 that good? or is the flight model wrong?

Well if a decently loaded 747 Dreamlifter can land on a 6000 ft runway (as recently happened in Wichita, KS), I'm thinking a very light 777 could pull off somethinglike that.

I flew into Rio this evening, and here are a couple of shots.

post-180445-0-69781100-1390169414.jpg

post-180445-0-30032500-1390169416.jpg

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I just finished the short flight from SBGL (Rio Intl Airport) to the little SBRJ (Santos Dumont) with my PMDG 777.   I landed on 22L  - a 4,300 ft runway.  I only needed 2,185 feet to come to a complete stop.

My weight was 430,000 lbs.   Are the brakes on the 777 that good?  or is the flight model wrong? 

The demonstrated stopping distance for a B777-200 is 2800ft at Sea Level. There is a regulation that requires the airplane to be able to stop in 60% of the effective runway length to be dispatched to an airport.

This is a B777-200 and not the LR. I can't find this info for the LR variant in the 15 mins I had to google it during my break at work. I suspect it might be in the manual but I do not have access to that at this time.