Sign in to follow this  
kvanhees

Will the new clock layout be featured in an upcoming SP for the PMDG 777?

Posted Image

Hi guys,

Recently our company received brand new 77W's that have the clock integrated on the PFD.

Will PMDG do an update to have this type too?

Warm regards,

Karel Vanhees

Hi

How is the clock adjusted ? and what about all the previous functions such as trip and timer?  is there still a way of using all that and how exactly?

tks

kav

Trip time can be started automatically and the stopwatch controlled by the remote switch as usual. Presumably clock setting is done centrally as normal.

It's quite like the clock system already modelled by PMDG in the MD-11.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo, don't be shy, join in, that was your 1st post in 5 years.

Welcome :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've spoke to Ryan about this once or twice - there are a couple of concerns about exceeding any limitations within FSX. (That's not me saying yes or no - just saying PMDG are aware of the feature). 

Hey Luke!

Yeah cool... I guess too it's more of a burden to the PDF coding if implemented...

I think they only recently changed, one of them delivered earlier in 2013 still had the legacy clock anyway...

So the position where the clock used to be is just blank now? I don't know why they would remove the clock, it's perfect. They could have updated it to an all glass lcd maybe.

So the position where the clock used to be is just blank now? I don't know why they would remove the clock, it's perfect. They could have updated it to an all glass lcd maybe.

Two less things to break. Two less things to weigh something. < two less things to waste money on.

I have heard pilots of boeings talk about the famous boeing clock being so complex to use that it has gained a reputation for such and pilots are only too glad to leave it alone as much as possible

kav

I have heard pilots of boeings talk about the famous boeing clock being so complex to use that it has gained a reputation for such and pilots are only too glad to leave it alone as much as possible

That's funny, flying a 777 and the only thing they can't master is the clock  :wink:

I know a B77W Captain for 9W,  I'll ask him about it.

I'd certainly like to have this option.

The WorldFlight "QF25" 747-400 Full motion simulator has the Boeing Clocks installed.

They weren't that hard to set. (I had the pleasure of setting it due to it being out of time by a few minutes after months of running this year).

Normal use (elapsed time, timer, switching modes between Time, and Date etc) seemed simple enough.

The basic knowledge of what each of the modes is for helps inform what each item does.

Date is for Date in UTC (This may be different from the date local time)

Time is Time UTC

Elapsed time is for engine running and/or flight time & can count up to 30+ hours,

Timer is for timing short things like Non Precision Approaches, Times between waypoints etc and can only count to 99 minutes 59 seconds.

Don't press "Set" unless you want to correct the clock.

I mean literally, the thing has 7 buttons on it.

The one I used didn't have a local time setting. Only UTC. Obviously... because it's not like the clock knows your GPS position or what the timezone is. It just counts time. If you want local time, bring a smartphone. lol.

Boeing are always striving to make the aircraft lighter. This is easily one of those things (-: