Sign in to follow this  
Brian Riggs

AA workaround for NVidia cards

Edit - Nevermind.. I'm speaking gibberish.. :lol:  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

OK, so let me understand.  This issue is considered resolved?  Or is this considered a temporary workaround?

How's the performance hit of these settings?

It's "nearly" resolved..  Aliasing is nearly eliminated and at FSX levels, the side affect as Jean-Paul pointed out is it's causing a slight bluring of scenery.

It's a trade off I'm willing to accept.  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

This is fantastic. It worked for me too. Not 100% jag free, but the AA is many times better now. Finally those runway markings are looking acceptable.

I used 4xSGSS AA and there seems to be very little performance hit, if any.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Not To Hi-jack the Thread but does anyone know why for Some the second slider on the scenery page Shows  "Mesh Complexity" and for others it  says " Tessellation Factor"

Seems Funny to have one or the other, I'm sure it does the same thing so i was wondering if it's the type of card installed.   Beats me.

I think it depends on whether you have 'Hardware Tessellation' selected or not.

Steve

I did some benchmarking with FRAPS, and this "new" setting has no performance impact compared to my baseline of just enabling the 4x SGSS. In other words, adding the Bioshock compatibility and the rest is a free ride, at least on my 780.

Big thank you Flying01!

Yes indeed your settings work perfect on my system now, no fuzzy picture anymore.

Just a suggestion, would be possible to post your settings also on their forum to help their community in case they don't get a chance to see this forum?

Regards,

Alex  :drinks:

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I really thank you and appreciate all your work Flying01.  Would it be possible to see the rest of your NI settings and your screens from P3D.  The bottom half of the NI settings and the right half of your screens did not show up.  Thank you VERY much.

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "P3D Tips and Tricks". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I really thank you and appreciate all your work Flying01.  Would it be possible to see the rest of your NI settings and your screens from P3D.  The bottom half of the NI settings and the right half of your screens did not show up.  Thank you VERY much.

Howard

Howard here's my current NI profile.  My X-Mas present arrived (EVGA 780 Ti SC) so you'll see that I have upped the SGSS to 8x, just trying to see what this card can do.  Having fun so far, first thing I've found is that 8XSGSS and 8XMSAA kill FPS in heavy clouds, drop MSAA down to 4X and FPS is locked (very nice, just have a little bit more shimmering on aircraft than I prefer).

Glad I could help.  I'm constantly tweaking which has really started to drive me crazy, I've spent way more hours trying to *fix* FSX over the past three years and now P3D V2 than having fun.  It stems from my youth when I tried to play JET from sublogic on my C-64/128, frames where like negative 30 FPS it seems and it drove me absolutely nuts way back then!  I was so disappointed after playing stable sims like Gunship and F-15 Strike Eagle.  I really wanted to fly that F-18 and F-16, never happened on that system...now I'm scarred for life, Ha!

Big thank you Flying01!

Yes indeed your settings work perfect on my system now, no fuzzy picture anymore.

Just a suggestion, would be possible to post your settings also on their forum to help their community in case they don't get a chance to see this forum?

Regards,

Alex  :drinks:

You bet Alex, I posted my findings but was unable to post images on the LM site.

post-169914-0-49062200-1387243854.png

post-169914-0-05068100-1387243867.png

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

I too have been tweaking flight simulators since FSII in 1984 on a PC Jr. Now I am continuing with P3D. Thanks again for your help.

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Works for me - a huge help.  Many thanks!  Not perfect (cockpit shadows still have some weird feathered borders) but the cockpit display shimmers are completely cured, and so are the runway jaggies.  Tomorrow I'll try stepping MSAA and SGSS down to 4X (am currently at 8X) and see if I can run volumetric fog - right now it still kills my frames in any kind of respectable cloudcover.  But this is really a breakthrough for me at least - I'm grateful.  

It appears I have the same NI version but under Antialiasing - Setting, you have an option that I do not see in the drop-down list.  "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERSAMPLE_4X_BIAS"

I don't know if it will work, yet, but I was able to manually type that in. 

If you are not seeing it, make sure you have the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml

file present in the same folder where nvidiaInspector.exe is.

Just typing it in will not work.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I must be blind, or else I'm not noticing the right pixel...

I see absolutely no difference whatsoever in those two shots...

Edit: Nevermind, should read the entire thread before replying. Glad you saw the difference eventually.