Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado Baron or Mixmaster?

BE58 or C337?

I can't decide... they're both really cheap for the Carenado Christmas sale.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I give the C337 a thumbs up.  It's my go-to bird for low and slow flying or when I don't have time to do a flight by the book.  It's frame-rate friendly, Reality XP capable and has a decent flight model.  It's definitely a notch or two below the Lancair or Duke 2.0 in terms of overall quality, but I'm not disappointed with it at all and consider it a good value even at full price.

Can't speak to the BE58.  

[Apologies:  After posting I noticed you're interested in the X-Plane versions.  I own the FSX Skymaster.]

Richard P. Kelly

I picked up the C337 as it's on sale. I like the cockpit a lot: the gauges are quite heavily inset into the dash facia which increases the 3d feel, especially when shadows move across the dash.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I got both. The C337 is a high-wing aircraft so it has got excellent visibility. The Baron is a more common and conventional design of course, and it's also faster.

The C337 is immune to the X-Plane torque bug since the props are counter-rotating. However the Baron has all the Carenado torque bug workarounds, including the Lua script, so it flies very smoothly too.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The C337 is also counter-rotating, so it embeds a natural anti "torque-bug" fix :-)

I've flown a few hours on the Portuguese Airforce Push-Pulls, and I believe a paint with the colours of FAP is included in that package (?)

Great plane, but scarry, specially when rear engine quits...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

BE58 or C337?

I can't decide... they're both really cheap for the Carenado Christmas sale.

If just under $40.00 is also a choice for you...and you don't already have the C90B...I can highly recommend it.  I purchased it this morning, and still am doing head shakes, over new features showing up as per flight parameters, weather, etc.  Sound package with this bird..is KILLER!

The C90 crossed my mind but I've already got the stock king air. Maybe I'll get the baron as it's a little faster.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The C90 crossed my mind but I've already got the stock king air. Maybe I'll get the baron as it's a little faster.

Ryan, the Carenado C90....is on the evolutionary sled scale, as the stock is like the amoeba...LOL!

Wait until you feel the rumble inside your head, as you start your roll...(wear a good set of headphones...)!  The stock is just that....stock. 

I picked up the C337 two days ago and i'm extremely impressed so far! I was also looking at the Baron, I might get it before the sale is out ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I bought the Baron for the speed.  It's alright, definitely better than stock.  FDE feels ultra touchy not sure if that's legit since I've got no Baron time irl.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

As you already bought the Baron I know it's kind of a moot point, but just to illustrate what I was saying about the heavily inset gauges and cockpit shadows:

post-262770-0-88421100-1387115151.jpg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

As you already bought the Baron I know it's kind of a moot point, but just to illustrate what I was saying about the heavily inset gauges and cockpit shadows:

Good pic. Does certainly add to the 3D effect.

You got me as the customer for the C337 in X-Plane  :lol: I am thinking about getting the C208 package as well.  I also looked at the Piper Seneca II, still on the fence on that one, it sure does have character.  I had the B58 FSX version and found it boring.

@Sesquastoo:  I also looked at the C90B bit what I really want is the KingAir 200.  I don't know if Carenado will do that one next after the C90B.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020