Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

EVGA Technical Support ... isn't

Oh my goodness ... I purchased an EVGA GTX 780 on August 8th, 2013.

From the beginning I experienced problems with the video ... I used the DVI-I and the DVI-D*** ports to provide input to two ASUS PA248Q monitors.

I experienced flashing and tearing on a consistent basis ... 60 seconds between events.

After, approximately one to two minutes, the entire monitor went black ... and then reappears ...

EVGA's answer, in part, is as follows:

I would recommend installing the latest drivers off of our website.  When installing, run it as a "Custom Installation" and select the check box on the next page to "Perform a Clean Installation".

Honestly ... I realize the need to make sure one is not dealing with a complete idiot ... that is the FIRST step in any troubleshooting procedure

They continue:

If the issues continue please check the +12v rail in your motherboard's BIOS.  To do this you will need to go under the HW Monitor in the BIOS and read the voltage output for the +12v.  This reading should be between 11.6-12.4v and should not be fluctuating more than about .05v within a few seconds.  If it is outside of this range I would suggest testing with a different power supply.

Oh my Goodness ... I told them previously I purchased a Sasonic PLATINUM power supply.  Here is a video of my system using HWMonitor ... http://www.dropbox.com/s/00xnd4wva49bm32/12VRail.mp4.  That power supply is doing what I paid it to do ... 12.000V forever.

It gets better!!!

Also, another good way of narrowing it down solely to the card would be to test the card in another system such as a family member's or friend's computer.

OK ... let me get this straight ... I just purchased a top of the line video card worth $700+ and you want me to test it in another machine?  Not only does my family NOT own a machine like this ... there is barely anyone in my whole TOWN that owns a machine like this:

i7-4770K Intel processor OC'd to 4.6GHz ... stable.

16GB of G.Skill 9-11-11-31 @ 1.65V

ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard ... (as if my friends or family even know what a F*$KInG ... MOTHERBOARD IS!!!)

honestly ... Honestly ... HONESTLY ... that is the BEST YOU'VE GOT?

How can a multi-million dollar company get away with service like THIS!!!

Mr. Feldman ... I believe I have addressed your concerns.  Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

C. T. Blankenship

Honestly ... I realize the need to make sure one is not dealing with a complete idiot ... that is the FIRST step in any troubleshooting procedure

Yes Charles, but EVGA have no idea if you are highly competent or not. It's absolutely right they should ask you to consider the drivers.

Oh my Goodness ... I told them previously I purchased a Sasonic PLATINUM power supply.  Here is a video of my system using HWMonitor ... http://www.dropbox.c...m32/12VRail.mp4.  That power supply is doing what I paid it to do ... 12.000V forever.

I'm afraid you are baffling me here Charles. The power supply, despite the fact it was a decent model, and fairly new, could well have been faulty. It was right that they should ask you to consider the PSU.

OK ... let me get this straight ... I just purchased a top of the line video card worth $700+ and you want me to test it in another machine?  Not only does my family NOT own a machine like this ... there is barely anyone in my whole TOWN that owns a machine like this:

Err, yes Charles, but EVGA are suggesting a valid testing procedure.

Sorry, but what did you expect them to do? EVGA did the right thing in terms of suggesting a valid approach to track down the issue. They must cover the basics first.

I think you are being unfairly hard on them to be honest.

You simply need to contact them again, confirm you have considered their suggestions, and ask to RMA it.

You will not find a more supportive manufacture in this industry than EVGA. Period. No sympathy here!