Sign in to follow this  

Wow, Steve's been busy ... 1.2.29 looking great.

Thanks again Steve for all your continued work and updates to DX10 Fixer ... it just keeps getting better.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello, der. I just bought da Fixer last week. How do I get this update?

Hello, der. I just bought da Fixer last week. How do I get this update?

BK just download it again from the Flight SIm Store. Unlimited downloads I believe.

Danny

Ehm, when was this version (1.2 build 29) released? I wonder because there is never any indication about updates here in the forum except the sticky post which dates from October 10th.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ehm, when was this version (1.2 build 29) released? I wonder because there is never any indication about updates here in the forum except the sticky post which dates from October 10th.

... well, then read what the title of the post currently(!) says B) :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423397-announcements-v12-build-29-now-available-for-download/

Indeed: The initial post dates back to Oct.10th, but it's content is continuosuly updated!

The latest versions of the fixer can always be downloaded at FSS (or any other vendor's site the fixer was purchaesd) and installed as instructed here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423381-updating-to-a-new-release-flight-sim-store/

Cheers, Christoph

Thank you for this heads-up, indeed besides adding the numbers of the current release it would help if there is any indication about when the numbers were edited, otherwise this post always shows up as read and therefore never draws my attention.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There is a red forum announcement flag I have seen on - but I cannot find how to set it!

However you can always follow the topic and you will get an announcement. I will ask how to set it.

Can anybody confirm that version 1.3 (34) is available for download in the FS-Store?

Thank you!

trick, to avoid and waste DX10 fixer loading from FSS, as build updates are not specifically highlighted in the FSS:

Last FSS download size is 8,92 MB for build 29. Any newer version/ build update will have a different size. Unfortunately this is not a 100% indicator, but for the last months it worked.

Wulf

The latest one (v1.3) is approx. 9.1 MB - I have posted elsewhere that it is late new years eve in Australia, I assume tomorrow is a public holiday so I doubt that it will be uploaded until the 2nd Jan now.

One question...

Should I always uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

I've just downloaded it from FSS and it shows 9.138 KB - guess it's 1.3 then (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

One question...

Should I always uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

I've just downloaded it from FSS and it shows 9.138 KB - guess it's 1.3 then (?)

Can you confirm after installing?

Thx

Mas

Yes you should.

There are instruction in the pinned thread "Updating to a new Release"

Rebooting the Pc is probably not really necessary but it all adds to the sense of occasion.

If it is 1.3 can you let me know so I can update the forum post.