Sign in to follow this  

My first OOM after installing FTX Ireland

This is my first "real" OOM in P3DV2. 

I installed the new FTX Ireland, took off from Dublin in my PA38 and about 5 minutes after take-off I got an OOM.  Frame rates were pretty bad too, took about a 20%-30% hit in FPS.

I only own two Orbx products FTX Global 1.2 and FTX Ireland.

I need to investigate some more, didn't expect this one given I've been using FTX Global 1.1 alone without any issues.

Considering that 32 bit video games throwing around millions of triangles per second and flinging every modern graphics effect in the book at our cards don't seem to have these bizarre memory problems (or memory hunger) I'm going to have to suspect something totally different is actually happening.

I am thinking a big ol' leak somewhere........

5 minutes is pretty darn fast, too.  :unsure:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am thinking a big ol' leak somewhere...

Yeah, something is not right ... I turned off Vector lights and that gave me about 8 minutes before OOM.  It's seems to be specific to FTX Ireland or possibly FTX Global 1.2 (no issue when I had 1.1 installed).  All flights were done with clear skies too, no clouds or weather.  Also started getting a lot over those vertical lines/spikes that I've never experienced before.

I don't have P3dv2.

But I wonder how Orbx water effects get along with P3Dv2's water effects.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just did a flight north eastwards from Shannon and was stunned to see the blurries and my frames fall through the earth within 15 minutes ! Very little autogen in the area (so that can't be the problem), just ground textures. First time I have ever seen a hint of that in P3D. Will try it out in P3D 1.4 and FSX over the next few days to see if it is a general problem.

Rob, I was so looking forward to FTX Ireland but after purchasing FTX England and Scotland I have decided to abandon their products by all means. You may want to read my review here

Cheers,

Ronnie

Also flying FTX Ireland no oom but lots of blurries. I admit my system is pretty week but has been running P3dv2 great.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Hmmm... I can't find any way to uninstall FTX Ireland?  I have a Global 1.1 uninstall ... so how does one go about uninstalling Orbx Regions?

Rob, I was so looking forward to FTX Ireland but after purchasing FTX England and Scotland I have decided to abandon their products by all means.

Take note that the EU regions are created by Sim270 (or something like that) and published by Orbx. They never ever should have done that. Orbx ended the contract before Sim270 even started on FTX Norway (which now luckily will be created by Holger's team). So don't think that all Orbx regions are as bad as those EU ones.

Another note: the Orbx products aren't P3D 2.0 compatible. This is a typical example of making the installer compatible and thinking that's it. A lot of parts of their addons need to be redone for P3D 2.0/DX11.

P.S. And another thing: this region was the last region created by Sim-whatever: during the making of it their contract with Orbx was ended. Could well be they did't really put their utmost in it... On the other hand, you would expect Orbx to test things thoroughly before release, specially in this specific case.

Jeroen is right here. JV over at Orbx has made it crystal clear that all their products are not converted yet (they are being done in stages) 

I would guess that Norway will become a "masterpiece" due to the fact they will be trying to get ORBX back on track after mistakenly farming out their recent projects

ZORAN

Sim720 have done some great work on their airports and surrounding areas.  If I understand you correctly Orbx EU Ireland was actually done by the Sim720 developer(s)?

I honestly don't know what has caused the Orbx EU Ireland product to be such a problem on my system?  I was able to remove it thanks to Orbx support/forums.  But the Europe region icon still remains in FTX Central ... Alex has provided a possible solution to getting rid of that which I'll try out later tonight.

On a side note, there was no MESH provided with EU Ireland (or the installer was missing it) and there were supposed to be some other files in my P3DV2 directories that didn't exist ... I ran the installer as "Admin" as I do all my FSX and P3DV2 products so pretty sure it's not an access rights issues.

I also had to flag MalwareBytes to stop reporting FTXLights_P3D_Day.exe and FTXLights_P3D_Night.exe as a Trojan.Refroso (false positive) AND make sure those are set to "Run as Administrator".  Anyway, I think I'm back to normal now with Orbx FTX Global 1.2 only installed.

Sim720 have done some great work on their airports and surrounding areas.  If I understand you correctly Orbx EU Ireland was actually done by the Sim720 developer(s)?

I honestly don't know what has caused the Orbx EU Ireland product to be such a problem on my system?  I was able to remove it thanks to Orbx support/forums.  But the Europe region icon still remains in FTX Central ... Alex has provided a possible solution to getting rid of that which I'll try out later tonight.

On a side note, there was no MESH provided with EU Ireland (or the installer was missing it) and there were supposed to be some other files in my P3DV2 directories that didn't exist ... I ran the installer as "Admin" as I do all my FSX and P3DV2 products so pretty sure it's not an access rights issues.

I also had to flag MalwareBytes to stop reporting FTXLights_P3D_Day.exe and FTXLights_P3D_Night.exe as a Trojan.Refroso (false positive) AND make sure those are set to "Run as Administrator".  Anyway, I think I'm back to normal now with Orbx FTX Global 1.2 only installed.

That's an old issue. Surprised its still popping up!

Devons rig

JV over at Orbx has made it crystal clear that all their products are not converted yet (they are being done in stages)

That's contrary to what I've seen and heard?

EU Ireland is clearly identified at P3D V2 ready.  FTX Global 1.1 (and 1.2 patch) were identified at P3D V2 compatible.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2690

Rob

Surprised its still popping up!

I contacted MalwareBytes support, they will be updating their database so that it doesn't get triggered again.

defiantly ready! lol

ZORAN

If I understand you correctly Orbx EU Ireland was actually done by the Sim720 developer(s)?

Yes, all EU regions are made by them.

That's contrary to what I've seen and heard?

EU Ireland is clearly identified at P3D V2 ready. FTX Global 1.1 (and 1.2 patch) were identified at P3D V2 compatible.

I posted about this on the Orbx forum suggesting they maybe should remove that P3D 2.0 label. JV took that as 'almost an insult'. So far all that Orbx did is adding the path to P3D 2.0 to the installers: NOTHING has been updated specially for P3D/DX11 yet. Just during the last few days JV started posting thay they need to redo all their dll's and Orbxlibs. JV still calls FTXG and EU Ireland 2.0 ready but says they only need some fixing. But afaik EU Ireland uses the Orbxlibs and so it needs fixing badly. FTXG may be more 2.0 ready but the problems with trees (odd textures) and lights (white bulbs during daytime) make it impossible to label it as 2,0 ready imho.

Luckily he also stated he has contact with LM every week so let's hope they will sort things out sooner or later.