Sign in to follow this  
BIMMERKID22

Sound issues - Carenado C208

I picked up the C208 and am having the same sound issue(s) horrible screetchy sound.. got the plane all started up.. but cant hear jack... not even sounds when i click on the switches..... btw im in Xplane 9 at 9.70 

Are you trying to use X-Plane10 in version 9 or even worse Ver 9 in X-Plane10?

All of Carenados planes have been updated to 64 bit, but you have to pay attention to which version you use when you load the plane. There are two versions in each folder be sure you are using the ver. 10 in 64 bit. the ver 9 in 32 bit. 

I was quite confused by this post since it was tacked on to posts that date back a full year ago.

Are you trying to use X-Plane10 in version 9 or even worse Ver 9 in X-Plane10?

All of Carenados planes have been updated to 64 bit, but you have to pay attention to which version you use when you load the plane. There are two versions in each folder be sure you are using the ver. 10 in 64 bit. the ver 9 in 32 bit. 

I was quite confused by this post since it was tacked on to posts that date back a full year ago.

I'm loading the Xplane 9 acf in xplane 9

A "horrible screeching sound" seems to be what users experienced in X-Plane v9 when running into the conflict between SASL and Gizmo.  

Gizmo is a competing plugin system, which runs globally (affecting the entire sim), and whose older versions were known to interfere with other plugins, such as SASL.  The conflict would ensue when SASL was trying to make use of the same components (such as Audio), Gizmo had already occupied at sim start, resulting in these components not working properly for planes enhanced by SASL (which runs locally, and only affects the plane that uses it).

Please check your "Resources>Plugins" folder for the "Gizmo" plugin, and if you have it installed, try removing it, and see if the Carenado plane works as intended.  

Gizmo has been updated in the mean time, and they've addressed this issue in newer versions.  

Any further help can only be achieved with a look at the log.txt file.  It still sounds like a plugin conflict, but without the log.txt file, any attempt at a diagnosis would be a complete stab in the dark.

point taken.. heres the most recent data strains in my log.txt

Any further help can only be achieved with a look at the log.txt file.  It still sounds like a plugin conflict, but without the log.txt file, any attempt at a diagnosis would be a complete stab in the dark.

OK, some things first of all, to keep these forum posts tidy:

-Posting on 1-year-old topics is confusing, as the issue you're posting about is completely unrelated to the original poster's issue exactly a year ago.  It'd be better to start a new topic.

-Posting log.txt files ist best done as an attachment, as copy-and-pasting them takes up way too much forum space unnecessarily.  

Now to your actual log.  It looks like you have the STMA plugin installed.  I'm not aware of there being any conflicts, but there might.  Try removing all plugins from your resources>plugins folder.

Another alternative for you would be to contact Carenado for support directly.  Carenado is currently not really providing much support on these particular forums, so anything support-related asked here may or may not go unanswered.  Maybe fellow aircraft users will be able to help, but support for aircraft is best sought directly from the developer.

I also have this sound issues with all my Carenados. I actually have to load another aircraft ( usually a default one ) and only after that the Carenado I want to fly. The screeching sound goes away after a while if I wait, but while it lasts the aircraft and the display appear to be frozen.

Regarding this being a problem with Gizmo, I don't know because I use other complex SASL-enhanced aircraft that do not present any sound problems ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have that "startup screeching sound" and freezing too (~10secs). Not a deal-breaker. After that no problems.

I didn't test if it's gizmo related but I thought that conflict was solved anyway...

Flo

ill try that and see wht happens

I also have this sound issues with all my Carenados. I actually have to load another aircraft ( usually a default one ) and only after that the Carenado I want to fly. The screeching sound goes away after a while if I wait, but while it lasts the aircraft and the display appear to be frozen.

Regarding this being a problem with Gizmo, I don't know because I use other complex SASL-enhanced aircraft that do not present any sound problems ?

I don't know the cause, but it happens in most all, if not all of my fleet of Carenado aircraft and only when first starting.  It sometimes is just a bleep of less than a second and sometimes about 2 - 3 seconds.  Then everything is ok.  Not a major problem for me.  

I thought it was just my computer trying to adjust to very good aircraft!

John

John Wingold

I have the same issue with every Carenado aircraft I got (all up to date). Don't know what does cause this ugly squeaking sound. I especially got that issue when switching outside views. Sometimes there is a freeze in that moment (5 seconds in time or so). I have some other aircrafts (CRJ 200, Saab 340, Mu-2) - no problem with them. Gizmo is up to date, cause I bought them at X-Aviation.

Maybe someone of you can post the issue here: http://forums.x-plane.org/?showforum=106

Posting a thread there doesn't work for me. Daniel Klaue is very nice and could help if he only know about it.

my system (eventually it is hardware-related):

Intel i7 3770

16 GB RAM (1600MHz)

Radeon HD 7870 (Catalyst 13.9)

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit

X-Plane 10.25 64Bit

Daniel Klaue also visits our forum here.

Maybe he notices this thread and can give some help to users experiencing this problem with the Carenados.

I have the problem too. The best way to overcome it, because for me it only happens at X-Plane 10 startup, if I select one of those aircraft, is to first choose another ( default for instance ) aircraft and then the Carenado you want. That way you'll not have that effect and /or  freeze.

I don't think it has anything to do with Gizmo. Both toolkits have been made compatible a few versions ago, and can perfectly co-exist.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...