Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Best aircraft under $12?

Seeing Carenado have a holiday sale on their aircraft, I've decided to buy my first add-on. I don't have much to spend, so I'll limit myself to an add-on that cost $12 or less (sale price).

I've been eyeing the C152 and the PA28 (I prefer single-engine aircraft), but I keep hearing lots of mixed things about Carenado's quality (though I used to hear great things about them in the past). So which in your opinion is Carenado's best add-on in the price range I'm asking?

I have no idea!   :biggrin:

I got the C185F Skywagon Bush for some USD 8 and I love the set of different models (ski, tundra wheels, float, amphibian) and the sound of the idling engine.

Got the SR22 as well, like it a lot, but it's definitely overpriced (not part of the current sale anyway).

I don't know which is the best aircraft under 12, but if could squeeze your budget a little, I would highly recommend either the C208 or the C337. Both are superb aircraft.

To get a better idea of the planes, I would try reading some of the archived reviews on this site. They do a pretty good job of summing up the aircraft.

I'll see if I can stretch my budget and get the C208 or the C337. Anyway, I looked at reviews of Carenado aircraft, and from what I understand, pretty much all their old aircraft are amazing products? Years ago I had the idea that Carenado is the best aircraft add-on producer, but I haven't been hearing good things about them lately.

The C337 is arguably their best product to date. They got everything right with it. The older aircraft are still great, but they look a little dated graphics wise. Carenado makes good planes, but be advised that some of the systems are simpler. Much better than default, but not in the league of a2a or real air. Look up the c337 fall city video on YouTube. It will show you what to expect.

I lilke the 185 bush package. The 208 has some quirks in the way the autopilot works and out of the box the air file is a little um strange, but with that said there are some alternate air files and up dates that when installed make it a pretty fair air plane. The orignal 206 was pretty good also.

(...)

Got the SR22 as well, like it a lot, but it's definitely overpriced (not part of the current sale anyway).

Quick question (OT ...) on the SR22T: I noticed taxi turns are really hard to accomplish, no matter what the taxi speed is. My rudder hardware works fine.

What am I missing? Thanks!

EDIT:

Should have searched before posting.   :blush:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/401785-carenado-sr22-gtsx-turbo-hd-rudder-no-turns-taxi/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397785-first-thoughts/

Edited by olli4740

I only own two Carenado aircraft, the V35B Bonanza and the C337 Skymaster. As suggested above, push the budget and get the Skymaster.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

OK, I decided to get the C208B after successfully increasing my budget (it's also my first add-on, about time). I haven't tried it much yet, but I like it a lot, and it looks stunning. If there's another sale next year, I'll get the C337.

By the way, there's an optional patch on the Carenado website with new FDE files. Would it be better if I used those instead of the default ones?

I keep hearing lots of mixed things about Carenado's quality

I think they are a fantastic developer with amazing quality. And if I were you, I'd get their c172. It's spot on. I just bought the c90 in sale for 15, and it's my favorite so far.

Merry Christmas

I think they are a fantastic developer with amazing quality. And if I were you, I'd get their c172. It's spot on. I just bought the c90 in sale for 15, and it's my favorite so far.

Merry Christmas

I was thinking of getting their C172, but it looked kind of dated compared to their newer aircraft (plus I didn't like the white panel). If I were to get a C172, I think I'd go with the A2A version since it seems to really offer a lot over the default FSX version, but anyway, I have to say I'm quite satisfied with the C208B I purchased.