Sign in to follow this  

Well, at least one dev is waking up... (or is it retreating...?)

I dont understand what everyone is on about. All JV is saying now is that it will take time to re-do the installers of the existing range and people must be patient. To me, it means P3D2 is truly different in every sense and this is worth the wait. Nowhere does he say he will stop or is backing down or having second thoughts. Why the panic?

Sent from my Mobile thing

Why the panic?

Now, that is worthy of being turned into one of the post rating buttons :)

www.antsairplanes.com

Glad I decided to wait for p3d v2. Like anything it's going to take months and months for everything to work well.

Until then I will continue to be "entertained" while I "learn" with FSX.

At least this demonstrates that P3D is not just FSX with a few tweaks. It's evolving into its own platform. I'm disappointed by JV's statement, but I understand it. Let's not forget that LM has stated that they are working on lots of backward compat stuff for the next point release. That could well solve all of these issues with add ons that work in 1.4.

Great opportunity to developers to charge even more money for their products.  Frankly I'm quite amazed the amount of money that devs charge for products for relatively small areas of coverage or a small model plane.  Makes the big blockbuster games on consoles and PCs look fantastic value.

Have tried to be patient and wait for add-on installers that are announced as P3Dv2 ready.  So far have installed ORBX FTX Global and FTX Global/Iceland, and both seem to work quite well.  If there are problems, I have not been able to detect them.  And personally I think that the P3Dv2 default scenery is nearly as bad as the default FSX, and FTX Global is a massive improvement.  However, I have not been able to get the new FTX Ireland to install properly in P3Dv2, even though it has been advertised as compatible and comes with a triple installer.  Works fine in FSX, but not P3Dv2.

Don't completely agree with the pessimism of some of the posts in this thread, but it does appear that the easy back compatibility of P3Dv2 for add-ons has been underestimated.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Great opportunity to developers to charge even more money for their products.  Frankly I'm quite amazed the amount of money that devs charge for products for relatively small areas of coverage or a small model plane.  Makes the big blockbuster games on consoles and PCs look fantastic value.

+1

I would love to change/try X Plane but I simply can´t afford 2 simming platforms. Vanilla P3D2, despite some bugs, it's pretty decent and with a great performance boost/smothness over FSX or P3D1 for that matter. As soon you start installing addons it becomes CTD's wonderland even using those that are supposed/advertised as compatible.

Regards

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Glad I decided to wait for p3d v2. Like anything it's going to take months and months for everything to work well.

Until then I will continue to be "entertained" while I "learn" with FSX.

It already works beautifully for me: after some cursor fiddling P3D2 is giving me what I dreamed of 30 years ago, when it all started for me. And in twelve months it will be wonderful, with new hardware, SLI, good ATC and weather, native addons ....

I'm pretty happy with that now, and I'm not easily impressed: one week ago I totalled my hard disk and started all over again because I was NOT satisfied at all with performance. In another post I describe all the things I've done to obtain a great experience.

+1

I would love to change/try X Plane but I simply can´t afford 2 simming platforms. Vanilla P3D2, despite some bugs, it's pretty decent and with a great performance boost/smothness over FSX or P3D1 for that matter. As soon you start installing addons it becomes CTD's wonderland even using those that are supposed/advertised as compatible.

Regards

Maybe you can try to reduce the autogen sliders to Dense or Normal.... that cured a lot of problems for me.

I dont get it. I ask for a exchange because I must have received a Beta version of P3DV2 and I'm NOT a pay to be beta tester? The performance is 25% less than FSX and the AA is 10 times worst along with prone to crashes. I swear, listening to the Fanbois. I musta got a broken copy. I'll repurchase at some point and perhaps, with any fortune, I'll get this great thing yall are talking about.

To get back OT: JV also posted today that using the Estonia Migration Tool "is not the solution, sorry to say". That tool is of course another cause of a lot of problems a lot of people have (not me, because I don't own the tool). It simply invited everyone to install whatever they wanted into P3D 2.0...! JV also posted that they are working on "DLLs required to make our airports display conditional objects". Again, this means that if you want to run P3D without problem, you shouldn't install addons yet!

I just asked on the Orbx forum if it wouldn't be a good idea to remove the P3D 2.0 ready label from EU Ireland and FTXG because they clearly aren't fully compatible yet if Orbx themselves say they are still working on dll's and the orbxlibs!

The main benefit to 64bit code is access to 64bits worth of memory addresses.  32bits only allows a programmer to list around 4,000,000,000 memory places.  This is because with 32 ones or zeros you can count up to that number.  Each place holds a byte, or 8 ones or zeros.  So 4Billion bytes is 4GB, the limit in memory that any 32bit program can use.

64bit give, well, a HECK of alot more memory.   Currently 64bit windows will support 192GB of memory, more memory than anyone will ever need.  This means that a 64bit P3D will not run out of memory if you're using current scenery.  Of course software gets needier and greedier every year.  Theoretically they can use up to 16 exabytes,  or 16000000000000000000, or 1 Billion Gigabytes.   WAY more than anyone will ever need (for real this time).  It was once said that the total number of data in our brains was 150TB.

LOL! Thanks Denali. I was really just taking a shot at all the folks who come in here and shout "This is no good! It's not even 64bit" and they don't even have a clue as to what it means. Now I have to take a nap. All those 0's make my 150TB brain hurt!! :crazy:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I dont get it. I ask for a exchange because I must have received a Beta version of P3DV2 and I'm NOT a pay to be beta tester? The performance is 25% less than FSX and the AA is 10 times worst along with prone to crashes. I swear, listening to the Fanbois. I musta got a broken copy. I'll repurchase at some point and perhaps, with any fortune, I'll get this great thing yall are talking about.

Ask all the fan-boys to make a 20 minutes vid of their P3D V2.0 with all their working add on, with good AA, no image tearing with a solid 30FPS, lets see how many will answer the call....as you said, who ever bought it are beta testing it right now, trying to find work around to make it work....is it the way it's suppose to be?

What is so hard to understand that P3D V2.0 with all the bugs reported and 95% of add on not working  "WAS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME (RELEASE)...."

It just might be that this is not the right hobby for you. There is still time to ask Santa for a new xBox.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I know this might sound nuts. But.. It's probably best to not talk about your dislikes and grudges about the sim.. You'll hit a wall every time...  

Both parties will never convince the other they are right... 

eJWobw2.gif

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors