Not that im aware off. I would stick with the current CPU and if you are able do a nice overclock. You have the best CPU for the best OC till this very moment. I do not expect huge advantaged from upcoming CPU's. Intel en AMD are going green and we will see alot of new CPU implementations but no higher speeds. The CPU market for mobile devices has gone sky high and that is were the money is. AMD is pointing their focus on destroying Nvidia with strong cheap GPU cards and mobile CPU's, knowing that Intel is far too strong in the PC sector. Intel has no competition so there is no inovation needed. Concerning the CPU future i see heavy clouds... :(

Its at 5ghz i might spoil myself and buy a GTX 780ti then

Hooo...my written text is merely my thought based on articles i have read. Unless you still run a very old GPU, my advice would be: save the money and wait if Intel pulls a rabbit out of the hat next year.

Clockspeed isn't everything. What matters is the architecture. I can assure you a 4.5 GHz Broadwell will outperform a 5 GHz Sandy Bridge.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Clockspeed isn't everything. What matters is the architecture. I can assure you a 4.5 GHz Broadwell will outperform a 5 GHz Sandy Bridge.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Broadwell isn't out yet; we don't know the performance advantage it has over older architectures.

Broadwell isn't out yet; we don't know the performance advantage it has over older architectures.

Well, given that Broadwell is supposed to be a slightly updated version of Haswell it's safe to assume that Intel won't do what AMD did with Bulldozer and actually lower the IPC. So since a 4.5GHz Haswell already outperforms a 5GHz Sandy Bridge in FSX its very safe to say that a 4.5GHz Broadwell willl do that as well. (Remember that we don't emphasise how much/little it'll outperform it with)

And to add to that my personal thoughts if it's gonna actually be worth to upgrade from a SandyBridge will totally depend on Broadwells overclockability combined with the IPC improvements. Anyone that upgraded to Sandy Early will have enjoyed a top class performer for a long time. It seems to be hard to develop something that's capable to deliver the same performance improvement as Sandy did to its predecessors.

And to add to that my personal thoughts if it's gonna actually be worth to upgrade from a SandyBridge will totally depend on Broadwells overclockability combined with the IPC improvements. Anyone that upgraded to Sandy Early will have enjoyed a top class performer for a long time. It seems to be hard to develop something that's capable to deliver the same performance improvement as Sandy did to its predecessors.

Consumer versions of Broadwell will use the same crap TIM like Ivy Bridge and Haswell. For good overclockability, you're looking for Broadwell-E.

Consumer versions of Broadwell will use the same crap TIM like Ivy Bridge and Haswell. For good overclockability, you're looking for Broadwell-E.

That remains to be seen.  IB-E has the IHS soldered to the CPU die, but most people are only getting IB-E to OC in the 4.5 - 4.6 GHz range.  Just because the IHS is soldered does not mean the chip will be a great overclocker.

..... Anyone that upgraded to Sandy Early will have enjoyed a top class performer for a long time. It seems to be hard to develop something that's capable to deliver the same performance improvement as Sandy did to its predecessors.

Enjoy I have.

Hard to believe that it will be 3 years in Feb since I put my Sandy together. Aside from losing my SATA2 ports (still running the original ASUS P8P67) everything is all good. Heck, I'm still running the same OS and FSX install since that build date. Long story short, the Sandy is still my primary gaming rig despite having built a 4670 (on a ASUS Pro mobo) 3 or 4 months ago.

Same here. 2500K @4.4 ghz. FWIW im never going with a gigabyte board again though.... ASUS next time (and back to my asus roots hehe).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Same here. 2500K @4.4 ghz. FWIW im never going with a gigabyte board again though.... ASUS next time (and back to my asus roots hehe).

Agreed.  No more Gigabyte motherboards.  ASUS or MSI next time for sure.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Agreed.  No more Gigabyte motherboards.  ASUS or MSI next time for sure.

Dave

No problem at all with Gigabyte MoBo:s running Z77 Z87 on Gigabyte 2011 on ASUS.

Rma statics for MoBo:s sold okt1 2012 to april 1 2013.

- Gigabyte 1.43% (against 1.19%)

- MSI 1.83% (against 3.05%)

- ASUS 1.86% (against 1.79%)

- ASRock 2.09% (against 2.09%)