Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

CaptainSim $9.99 Christmas Sale Has Begun

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The UNOFFICIAL Captain Sim Support Forum" to "The Bargain Hunter's Shack". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

It has NOT.

Copied and pasted from the email

00:00 to 23:59 16DEC2013 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99!

Already have a few of their planes. Nice if you can tolerate a few inop systems.

Really wish they would do an awesome 747-100.

Hi All

Flirting with the idea of having a play with a 777 - not too serious, so PMDG out of the question. That leaves the CS in the sale - even reduced to €9.99 is it worth a punt ?

Regards

Hi All

Flirting with the idea of having a play with a 777 - not too serious, so PMDG out of the question. That leaves the CS in the sale - even reduced to €9.99 is it worth a punt ?

Regards

If you can live with that:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428964-captain-sim-777-v13-out/?p=2878387

At $14, it is worth it. From a graphical standpoint it is great. Systems wise there a few bugs, but nothing that will truly stop you from enjoying the plane. VNAV is where most of the bugs are. You need to watch it like a hawk during decent and landing. Other than that, it works fairly well, can be a little hard on frames.

I am considering their 757. Wouldn't bother otherwise, but at 9.99 nothing seems a risky purchase.

Can anyone having and flying their 757 tell me how it is handling?

I am aware of their tendency to have some bugs unpolished but still, can you and do you enjoy it?

robertwolant, on 15 Dec 2013 - 4:51 PM, said:

I am considering their 757. Wouldn't bother otherwise, but at 9.99 nothing seems a risky purchase.

Can anyone having and flying their 757 tell me how it is handling?

I am aware of their tendency to have some bugs unpolished but still, can you and do you enjoy it?

The CS 757 was my first payware airliner in FSX. All I can say is, when it works flawlessly, it's great. The VNAV works well, LNAV is good, and the FMC has enough functionality to be considered a complex FMC. The VC textures are nice and legible, not great but keep in mind this is an old product. There are plenty of liveries available, and McPhat offers quite a few livery packs which have fantastic quality.

Unfortunately, when it doesn't work, it really spoils the whole thing. From the missing T/D bug which happens about 15% of flights I've taken, to the rocking of the plane when AP is engaged, which (for me anyways) was fixed with the 4.6 release. Sometimes the LNAV route won't fully draw itself on the ND, but its merely a cosmetic thing, and the autopilot follows the route where the magenta line would be. I had an extremely difficult time starting the APU for a few years, until I realized there must be fuel in the left tank to start (the 757 always loads with 100% fuel in the center tank but none in the left/right tanks.)

To be honest, I've had more flights in the 757 then I have with the NGX. The only airliner that I consider flying more would be the MD11 and/or the Coolsky DC-9 if I'm feeling like doing work.

Sale on everything but what I need. typical sale what doesnt sale well.. :)

According to their Facebook page everything is on  sale for 9.99 euros. So don't know why you think what you need won't be?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

According to their Facebook page everything is on  sale for 9.99 euros. So don't know why you think what you need won't be?

Because. According to their WEBSITE. The 767 is still 39.99 euros and expansions are 9.99?>? PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong for I would like to have it at the 9.99 price.