Sign in to follow this  
larsumm

LICENSE

Hello,

I would like to buy Prepared v2. However, I am retired, I'm not enrolled in any school. So, can I still be able to use Prepar3d v2,  How can I get around this fact when installing and activating it without having the ability to show proper qualifacations.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry. you have all the credentials in the world you will ever need!! You just tell them I said so. :)

Hi Larry,

Will you be taking off and landing? Conducting flying? Yes? Then congratulations, you qualify for an Academic license. If you believe you are better than the average pilot, then go Pro. If you plan on doing some tinkering with aircraft, scenery, or anything that suits your fancy, try the Developers license.

All you need to do is publicly announce that you promise not to make airplane sounds yourself while using the simulator, regardless of your choice of license. If you choose to run around your house with your arms outstretched like an airplane, you are required to turn Prepar3D off. This will NOT be asked of you during installation, but it's the secret for all licenses. :P

Hope this helps... 

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

You gave me a fantastic idea.. Capitalism lives! I am going into the hardware business. There is a need in the market and I'm going to exploit it!

I have just completed the first mockup of my wonderful device... 

Simply plug it into your 25 Pin Serial/Com port (sold separately) and you're ready!

k7GuHsv.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hi Larry,

Will you be taking off and landing? Conducting flying? Yes? Then congratulations, you qualify for an Academic license. If you believe you are better than the average pilot, then go Pro. If you plan on doing some tinkering with aircraft, scenery, or anything that suits your fancy, try the Developers license.

Hi Highirton

Is there any difference between these three versions you mentioned regarding scenery graphics such as HDR, Shadow and...do I need to buy developers license for better graphic?

Hi mohsenfff,

There is absolutely no difference between any of the licenses other than the Pro Plus versions which allow installation of weapons. At $2300 let me know how well it works.

Nothing has been disabled or dumbed down between any of the Academic, Professional, or Developer licenses. They all have identical functionality. The Academic version does have a very small virtually unnoticeable water mark in the top right corner on the screen. If you Google the P3D watermark, you will find lots of images of it to determine if you find it too intrusive to your experience.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Hi guys,

Well, I asked my son to get me P3D v2 for C'mas. I sure hope it's more stable and can use the extra ram, that FSX can't. I tried X-PLANE demo, and I just couldn't figure it out. I saw no way to get a 2d panel to another monitor, so gave up.

Hope P3D works out?

Thanks,

Larry

and can use the extra ram, that FSX can't.

It won't. P3D is still 32 bit so it has the same 4 GB limit (on a 64 bit OS) as FSX. You should have no problems with more panels though. And depending on your hardware performance may improve too!

Then why do they recommend 64 bit with 4gb + ram, this is requirements for v2. Why would they recommend over 4gb if it were not used? Can someone tell me for sure?

Minimum Recommended Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Computer Processor 2.0 GHz Quad Core 3.0 GHz (Per Core) + Computer Memory 2 GB. Recommeded 4 GB + Hard Drive Space 30 GB (3 GB for the SDK) Graphics Card Video Memory 1 GB 2 GB + (GDDR5 or better) Graphics Card Other Full DirectX 11 Support (currently, DirectX 10 is not supported) Other Administrator Rights (for installation)
MSXML 6
DirectX 11
1024×700 minimum screen resolution

Larry

Then why do they recommend 64 bit with 4gb + ram, this is requirements for v2. Why would they recommend over 4gb if it were not used? Can someone tell me for sure?

Because your operating system and other processes are also using your system RAM.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

And there are no 'qualification checks' in place no matter which version you choose to get.

Minimum Recommended Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Computer Processor 2.0 GHz Quad Core 3.0 GHz (Per Core) + Computer Memory 2 GB. Recommeded 4 GB + Hard Drive Space 30 GB (3 GB for the SDK) Graphics Card Video Memory 1 GB 2 GB + (GDDR5 or better) Graphics Card Other Full DirectX 11 Support (currently, DirectX 10 is not supported) Other Administrator Rights (for installation)
MSXML 6
DirectX 11
1024×700 minimum screen resolution

Larry

The main reason is because it allows the program to have access to 4GB of VAS without the user having to do anything. It is a simple native flag in the file header to allow this in a 64Bit environment.. Most programs and games have this on by default now a days. On Windows 32bit it allows access to only 3GB of VAS instead but the user also has to manually set the OS 4GT by either by editing the boot.ini or via bcedit depending on the OS.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors