Sign in to follow this  
Rlambert93

Holding pattern

Having problems in fly and see santa. How do I change my hold to a ???/r turn to a left turn in holding pattern.

Rob

just type the inbound course with slash L or slash R in the scratchpad.

Then at the CDU HOLD page press Line Select Key (LSK) 3 left.

Execute.

example:

360/L

360/R

Rob Robson

aha Fly & See Santa flyin.

I landed at Minimum Reserve + 0 in my 737-800 (NGX) after about 30 mins of circles.

Was interesting being in a Hold way up at FL370!

even more interesting being about half a mile behind another 737 in the same hold at FL350.

Uploading to Youtube now... probably be up in a few hours. Great fun, although I did have a few issues understanding some of those Scandinavian accents.

Also, as my destination Kallax ESPA was a Military base, I think a few of the Militaryisms were hard to understand too. There was a moment on descent when Kallax tower told me a bunch of words which I have never heard before. After one "Say Again" I just kept reading back "Ok, we are at and maintaining FL160, request lower" and kept getting a load of gibberish back. - to which I'd reply "Maintaining FL160, request lower" ... for several miles till I was about 8500ft above profile.

"Cleared to land, Winds bla bla bla at bla, something about traffic, Check Gear" was also rather quaint.