Sign in to follow this  
SirKitty

Can't install?

So, I just tried to install FSX Gold Edition that I bought a year ago maybe. But I got a new computer and I wanted to install it. But when I put the disc in, I see, or rather don't see any files at all in the disc? But it still says that the disc is full and not a single byte is free. I've tried to put in Disc 1/2/Acceleration but none of them works. I would be really happy if somebody could help me :)
Here's a picture on how it looks.

http://imgur.com/WomoTjR,HF3sR9E#0

http://imgur.com/WomoTjR,HF3sR9E#1
Sorry that some of the text is on Swedish but that's where i'm from ;) Thank You :)

Make sure the disk is clean.  If you have another DVD from another product, try it and see if that works.  If it does, then most likely your FSX DVD needs to be cleaned.  If it doesn't then you probably need to update the drivers.

Click Start and, in the search box type Run and then look up in the menu and click on Run. Type in the Run box " sysdm.cpl " (without the quotes). Click okay and it should bring you to a "System Properties" dialog box.

Go to the tab "Hardware" and click "Device Manager" once there locate your DVD/CD-ROM drive. It should be called "DVD/CD-ROM drives." Double-click it to show its contents and there should be another device under it. If the drive does not show up, then it was not recognized by your system and there will be a question mark or explanation point showing a device was not recognized.  Double-click that and go to the driver tab and click on update driver. If that doesn't work, you may have to go to the website for your DVD Drive and download the latest drivers or firmware.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okey so I tried to put in another disc. It worked, the files were there as they were supposed to be. So it seems like I need to get my FSX Disc cleaned as you said but how do I do that?
Thank You.

Okey.... I just tried to put the disc in again and for some reason it works now... Well... Thank you for everything :) It works now and I am happy how fast the staff answers on this forum.