Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

Most realistic Wipers I have ever seen in a sim

hands down, it's the FlightFactor 757 for Xplane10....animation and graphics are so lifelike :O and add the realistic rain/snow/ice ontop of that for the complete package :lol:

hands down, it's the FlightFactor 757 for Xplane10....animation and graphics are so lifelike :O and add the realistic rain/snow/ice ontop of that for the complete package :lol:

Pics ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

hands down, it's the FlightFactor 757 for Xplane10....animation and graphics are so lifelike :O and add the realistic rain/snow/ice ontop of that for the complete package :lol:

Carenado's C90B is no slouch in that department as well. I found that out yesterday! :)

I then flew the same bird in FSX....BORING!   The plane looked good----BORING weather effects....I found that out as well, lol!

The plane looked good----BORING weather effects....I found that out as well, lol!

FSX or X-plane ?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

ever hear of youtube.....it's better than a pic :)

Huh?  What this has anything to do with YouTube?  Are you addressing Sasquestoo or me?   :huh:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Xplane  version is quite superior on weather elements showing on the aircraft.

You you meant that the FSX version looks good but boring weather effects? I did not have the FSX version, although I heard that the new ASN weather in FSX will bring you sweat.  ASN like injector is what we need in XPX, and I am counting on FSGW will be the one keeping its promise  :P

Vu Pham

You you meant that the FSX version looks good but boring weather effects? I did not have the FSX version, although I heard that the new ASN weather in FSX will bring you sweat.  ASN like injector is what we need in XPX, and I am counting on FSGW will be the one keeping its promise  :P

Anx, I meant the weather effects (ice, snow, rain) SEEN and observed upon the windshield, wings, etc, and not as per atmospherics. I was comparing the Carenado model C90B as flown in XPX and FSX. XPX wins hand's down for visual immersion upon the air frame and cockpit windshield.  I purchased both the XPX and FSX rendition of this plane, and as for clarity, beauty, and immersion, the XPX model wins, hand's down. I have left off flight physics as this is totally subjective, and truly not quantitative, you perceive flight physics, within any sim platform. My reference is to the actual view of the cockpit, cabin, etc. The XPX version of this plane looks much more 'realistic' to this observer. Again, each to their own, of course.

For atmospherics, at this time (cloud depiction and change up) FSX wins hand's down.  We hope that in XPX.30, things will be addressed.  I of course state this with using a 3rd party weather injector, like OPUS, REX, and ASN with FSX. Currently there is no weather injector (3rd Party) for XPX. You must use the internal (wanting to be sure...) weather-grabber.  SkyMaxx 3D is not an injector, but a cloud graphics enhancement.

Post Edit:  I just wanted to add, that either model is a great purchase enhancement to that particular platform. If I had to pick only one purchase, and had both platforms, then I would advise to the reader, to purchase the plane for XPlane.  You get 'more' for your money....because that platform gives more, visually, when interacting with the sled....

Wiper Blade Element Theory.

I just wanted to add, that either model is a great purchase enhancement to that particular platform. If I had to pick only one purchase, and had both platforms, then I would advise to the reader, to purchase the plane for XPlane.  You get 'more' for your money....because that platform gives more, visually, when interacting with the sled....

Got it Sesquashtoo.  I stopped buying any new air plane add-ons for FSX.  I pretty much fly GA exclusively for now is XPX to avoid encounter the visibility blur bug, until LR fixes it in 10.30.  My FSX now is mainly an air liner platform, where I still fly my favorites: NGX, MD-11, 777 all PMDG obviously :P .  

Vu Pham

Got it Sesquashtoo.  I stopped buying any new air plane add-ons for FSX.  I pretty much fly GA exclusively for now is XPX to avoid encounter the visibility blur bug, until LR fixes it in 10.30.  My FSX now is mainly an air liner platform, where I still fly my favorites: NGX, MD-11, 777 all PMDG obviously :P .  

I'm finding it VERY difficult to use FSX and my PMDG airliners at the moment with all the new and shiny, awesome things that have come out for X-Plane. Funnily enough this was not the case a while back as every time I used XPX for a while I'd always eventually have the urge to go back to FSX, guess it's really starting to show it's age now...

GA flying I've always found far more interesting in XP than FSX, but it's only recently that the tables have started to turn in terms of heavies.

As for the the visibility blurries at high altitude, you could always just fly at night  B)

I have to get it ... the FF 757 ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have to get it ... the FF 757 ;-)

Me too ... but I'm broke until waaaay after X'Mas lol!