Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

Skymaxx Pro is driving me crazy :(

North America East is being hit by a major snowstorm tonight and I just flew over clear skies :( :unsure: :blink: :wacko:  Will the REAL WEATHER be fixed soon in SMP?

Isn't Skymaxx Pro just a graphics upgrade?  You need to enable real-world weather in X-Plane 10 itself if you want it to reflect the weather in your neck of the woods.

Skymaxx is far from the problem, it is a great set of textures over what XPX offers. However the horrible weather representation unfortunately won't be cured until we see FS Global Real Weather released for X-Plane.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Indeed, you have a misconception as to what SkyMaxx Pro is. It is a 3D rendering of clouds based on what X-Plane tells it to do (or whatever other METAR fetch service you use). It is NOT a weather injector. It only does what it's told!

Founder of X-Aviation

We need a good weather injector for X-plane 10 - ASAP!!!

Preferably not based only on METAR data, but including:

TAFs, SIGMETs, AIREPs, PIREPs, WAFS, NAT, SIO, EUR, SPO, EURAFI, Analysis etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

what about REX (unfortunately XP9 only) .... anyone with experience with it ??

FSGRW promises historic & dynamic weather injection which interests me more.

for now, cheers

john martin

Isn't Skymaxx Pro just a graphics upgrade?  You need to enable real-world weather in X-Plane 10 itself if you want it to reflect the weather in your neck of the woods.

I forgot to mention that real weather was enabled and the snow was falling on runway and windshield(FF757) with no clouds in the sky :(  My whole flight(KJFK-CYYZ) had no clouds.

What was the altitude of the lowest cloud layer in the METAR?

Can you give me the precise time and airfield so that I can check it in ASN with Historical weather?

Thx BleedAir ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

What was the altitude of the lowest cloud layer in the METAR?

Can you give me the precise time and airfield so that I can check it in ASN with Historical weather?

Thx BleedAir ;-)

before midnight last night NorthAmerican East timezone during the Snowstorm that hit Canada/USA.  I don't remember the altitude of the lowest cloud layer in the METAR.  KJFK-CYYZ   My altitude was FL200 in XP10....I fly low to avoid the Visibility Blur Bug :lol:

Like this, using the Historical weather in ASN, with FSX in DX10 fixed mode + ORBX FTX Global? I had just traversed an area of intense precipitation, in the form of SN !!!

post-257741-0-57311600-1387144551.jpg

post-257741-0-95371800-1387144532.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Jcomm, what does ASN in FSX have to do with my Skymaxx issue in an Xplane10 thread? :blink: :wacko:

Nothing directly, but I just wanted to show that good RW weather injection is what we now need in X-plane 10, because, for the place and date / time you gave me, saying you were finding clear skies above you, I got that screenshot using ASN's Historical weather, and had just traversed intense precipitation in the form of snow before taking the photos....

;-)

P.S.: Unfortunately the screenshot doesn't show the clouds above very well, because it was  dark, and there were no thunders at the moment :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

What you were seeing may not have been "clear skies" but rather, a very limited visibility cloak...which looks like clear skies...that's my hunch, you were in very limited vis conditions--which don't change as you gain altitude....

I'm waiting on a WX injector--in the meantime, I typically load real wx, for winds, then go to "global" weather (manually) and re-set the clouds and vis to what I think approximates what I expect to see, skipping the METAR cloud info.

Bill

I re-installed Joan's python weather injector and it runs well with SkyMaxx Pro on my PC now. I've set it to download real weather and set Metar to kick in @ FL010 (you type 10 in the option box).

In SkyMaxx I have conservative settings and overcast set to Mid .. because Low gets those dark blue smears in the sky.

With these settings I've been very happy flying in my locality (Queensland, Australia) and it's pretty much matched weather observations from the Australian bureau of meteorology  ...