Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyMike

Flight Factor 757-200

This post is about the FF 757 and not the FF 777, NEO A320 and Peter's A380.

How can someone say nothing comes close to PDMG, if you don't own FF 757 or even XP10!

Thanks for moderating this thread.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Carlos is right about this topic having diverted from the OP - the FF 757, so, as a moderator I have to do something, and I believe spliting it into two posts is probably the best :-)

I will try to keep what pertains to the OT here, and move the other posts to a new one, more general topic...

I apologize for, as someone who supposedly should take more care not to post what does not directly belong here, have started to open my thoughts about other subjects :-/

I try to be as impartial as possible. I will always appreciate everything from any simulation platform, and at the same time criticize what I do not like... That's my way of living, and the more I like something, the more I criticize it....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This post is about the FF 757 and not the  FF 777, NEO A320 and Peter's A380.

How can someone say nothing comes close to PDMG, if you don't own FF 757 or even XP10!

Carlos.. I own X-plane 10, I do not own the FF 757 and I will not buy it until I see some proof that system modeling is more accurate than the 80 dollar FF 777 I have collecting virtual dust. I am glad to see they are modeling separate FMC's now that si a step in the right  direction.  I am not saying the FF planes are not good... all I am saying is they are not PMDG accurate,  the sounds on the FF 777 alone  should show that.

I think X-plane will have a plane that TOPS current PMDG offerings once the IXEG 737 comes out. The system fidelity appears to be on a level not seen in any desktop sim. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Carlos.. I own X-plane 10, I do not own the FF 757 and I will not buy it until I see some proof that system modeling is more accurate than the 80 dollar FF 777 I have collecting virtual dust.

I don't have the FF 757 either, but I've been watching a number of streams with it on Twitch. One of them being from Froogle Pete., the other from a user named atomicfrawg (I believe he posts here too) In general the system accuracy looks pretty good. In both cases, they have problems with initiating descent at TOD. From what I see, they have everything set up properly, the plane just won't descend. They either have to use spoilers to force it, which shouldn't be necessary at TOD, or use FLCH. Don't know what the problem is. Probably just a bug, that will be fixed. Also I'm not too thrilled about the graphics, in the cockpit. (Ie: The thin center post on the windshield)  As well as the graphics of the Flap deployment animation

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Carlos.. I own X-plane 10, I do not own the FF 757 and I will not buy it until I see some proof that system modeling is more accurate than the 80 dollar FF 777 I have collecting virtual dust.

You shouldn't even try to compare the 757 and the 777 this way. The 757 is in a different category. This is no wonder since they used a much bigger team and had the 777 as a stepping stone.

While it has some annoying features (like the flight attendant) it is a big step forward and plays in the same league as PMDG, at least when the bugs are fixed. But that's the problem with complex planes: They are never without bugs, when they are released.

I don't have the FF 757 either, but I've been watching a number of streams with it on Twitch. One of them being from Froogle Pete., the other from a user named atomicfrawg (I believe he posts here too) In general the system accuracy looks pretty good. In both cases, they have problems with initiating descent at TOD. From what I see, they have everything set up properly, the plane just won't descend. They either have to use spoilers to force it, which shouldn't be necessary at TOD, or use FLCH. Don't know what the problem is. Probably just a bug, that will be fixed. Also I'm not too thrilled about the graphics, in the cockpit. (Ie: The thin center post on the windshield) As well as the graphics of the Flap deployment animation

There are a few quirks with TOD and VNAV, some of them might be bug-related but it does work and have successfully done it myself. It's definitely worthwhile taking the time to study the FCOM particularly the 'Automatic Flight' and 'Flight Management, Navigation' sections as it all makes it clear there. Also keep in mind that Froogle dived into that thing without reading the manuals just to check it out, I did the same thing first night I got it and also couldn't land properly.

The graphics I'm actually really impressed with, they've done a fantastic job modelling the cockpit IMO. I don't know why, and even though it may not look 'photorealistic' like PMDG it just looks really 'nice'. That coupled with X-Plane's fantastic lighting effects (HDR of course) and the clarity/smoothness of all the instruments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While it has some annoying features (like the flight attendant)

Yeah, but there's a neat way to kill him! :lol: If you haven't seen it already, just keep pressing the call button for a few times, and watch what happens!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yeah, but there's a neat way to kill him! :lol: If you haven't seen it already, just keep pressing the call button for a few times, and watch what happens!

I know. But in my opinion there should be an option to turn it off at leasr after the first time you killed him. It's funny the first few times but after that it only gets on your nerves.

I don't have the FF 757 either, but I've been watching a number of streams with it on Twitch. One of them being from Froogle Pete., the other from a user named atomicfrawg (I believe he posts here too) In general the system accuracy looks pretty good. In both cases, they have problems with initiating descent at TOD. From what I see, they have everything set up properly, the plane just won't descend. They either have to use spoilers to force it, which shouldn't be necessary at TOD, or use FLCH. Don't know what the problem is. Probably just a bug, that will be fixed. Also I'm not too thrilled about the graphics, in the cockpit. (Ie: The thin center post on the windshield)  As well as the graphics of the Flap deployment animation

Read this from the org, will have to research the FCOM.

"If the MCP ALT is set within 50nm of the TOD the FMC will command an "IDLE" decent. (Check the Flight Mode Anunciators on the PFD).

If set more than 50nm when you set the MCP ALT it will command a cruise decent."