Sign in to follow this  
red259

Best GA aircraft

I tend to fly commercial aircraft, namely pmg 737ngx and 777 along with majestic dash 8. I do not know much about GA aircraft and was wondering which would be the best to pick up. I have the A2A c-172 and the realair lancair legacy. I know names like Carenado get thrown around a lot on the forums, but I'm not sure which planes are the top picks for GA. 

Carenado have a sale on right now ( ends December 22nd ). I have their V35B Bonanza and the Cessna C337 Skymaster. I like them both, but the general opinion seems to be that the Skymastyer is one of their best releases, so you might like to have a look at it. A very interesting aircraft, an unusual configuration, and it flies very nicely.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Pretty much anything from RealAir, MilViz, or A2A. Carenado tends to be hit or miss. The Flight1 KingAir is pretty nice as well.

A2A 172 that u already have,  RealAir duke v2,  Milviz 310 and B55.  Doesn't get much better.

Matt Wilson

The RealAir Lancair is a nice and fast little plane as well. Apart from those that have already been mentioned, the A2A Cub and the A2A Mustang (Civilian or Military version) are probably also as good as it gets.

The A2A C172 is a great airplane, but I found the MIlviz 310 and B55 less than exciting.  However, I readily admit that I'm not that into twins. 

I also have several Carenado's that I enjoy (152 II, 172N, 337) as well as the RealAir Scout, Citabra and Decathelon.

Ernest Pergrem

To me Carenado often feels to be more about visuals than flying and systems. Having said that I just bought their C182T HD in the sale as it is a reasonable G1000 trainer. And I believe they make the only decent C152 out there...

All the great planes have been mentioned here. I second especially the Realair Duke v60 and the Turbine version (sale at simmarket atm), the Milviz C310, the A2A civ Mustang and Cub.

It does depend on the mission profile you have in mind, as in real life...

your c152 and the RA duke v2 

ZORAN

I like several of the Carenado planes. Right now I am having a lot of fun with the A2A 172. The Accu-Sim module included with it is a blast!

- Bill Magann

Not a big fan of carenado, they make pretty planes but the systems and in some cases the FDE is lacking.   I think the A2A 172 you have and the realair legacy are probably the best GA out right now.   ORBX also just released a van's rv-4 with a fully functioning glass panel, but from what I have heard FPS is not good.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Realair Duke v2 / Turbine Duke

Flight1 King Air

Baytower RV7

Lotus L39 (RXP Reno Race variant)

Carenado TBM 850

Milviz C310 / Baron

A2A Civilian Mustang

Flight1 Mustang

Flight1 T182

Those are the cream of the GA crop

I also fly the PMDG J41 and 737NG as business aircraft. Eaglesoft makes good systems bizjets but they're dated graphically now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There are so many great planes out there and i tried a few: Carenado is pretty much up there on the top, but I miss the final few touches on the Carenado C337. A2A are very accurate about the A2A C172, but it just seems a little like reality: Too slow - you get about the same level of excitement from a balloon... Ouch, but that reminds me of all the fantastic new scenery on offer. 2014 will be a very expensive FSX year.

Hi Folks,

With all the same comments repeated by customers over and over again in regards to Carenado - you would think that a as a company - they might react... They do have - unquestionably - the best visual models out there - just think how their sales would improve if they actually invested the time in FDE's and systems... It's a shame - LOL - if only...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Do your prefer a single or do you prefer a twin GA?  How important is it to you to add an aircraft that you can customize, such as with add on GPS (function and more current Nav Data) and WX scope? or find repaints for?  

I am now strictly a GA enthusiast and I prefer twins.  That said, the top three aircraft in my hangar are the Carenado Beech C90 and the MilViz Beech Baron B-55.  I also spend some time in the Carenado C337 when I want great visibility, such as on scenic flights, and the Carenado Grand Caravan C208 when I need seats and cargo capacity.  All of these are excellent and all provide for at least some degree of 3rd party GPS integration.  I also have a handful of other aircraft that I fly less.  The most notable of those is the MilViz C310.  I do not fly it often, but it is thoroughly enjoyable when I do.  However it has the lightest feel to it (as in real life) and coming down to it from the NGX, 777, and Dash 8 might not be a match for you.  Not a cut on that model at all, just an observation about where you appear to be coming from.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I actually do not think that the Ceranado planes all fly the same. Maybe I just have an overly active imagination! I also like the level of systems integration on many of their products. If I want very detailed systems I go with the stuff from PMDG, but lately I like to be a little more relaxed. To each his own!

- Bill Magann