Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A Special aircraft for me - The Grumman Traveler AA-5...

How this particular aircraft is tied to my pilot wannabe dreams is dramatic, so to say.

When I was 13 I got into one of this aircraft for a short flight one of these trainers at LPCS ( Cascais airfield, nearby Lisbon ). The pilot gave me a copy of the POH after the flight, which I still keep, and I dreamed about starting my instruction, 3 years after, on that same aircarft.

Well, somehow, each time I get closer to the materealization of my aviation dreams, Portugal enters a recession phase, and, around the early 80s we had a visit from the FMI, and Portugal lived a crisis similar to the one we're traversing right now... The result was, after all, a positive one, for I was able, instead, and because it was a lot cheaper, to get a glider pilot license... But the Grumman is still on my dreams, and I never had one in MSFS... I even dreamed, during the 90s, when no one talked about ULMs here in Portugal, to be able to buy the AeCP Grumman and "add engines" to my license :-)

I have another nice creation by VFliteAir, the SportCruiser, and find it a very pleasing model to fly in X-Plane too...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well that looks really nice!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have a lot of PIC time in the AA5A Cheetah (150hp.) Loved that aircraft, never made a bad landing. It was a real floater with that wing. Loved to slow down, drop some flaps and slide the canopy open and enjoy the air on a nice day.   

Steve

I am willing to buy that one also but have to wait if it is workeble with w 8.1

Looks great. Quality add-ons like this have the potential to bring people (including me) over to X-Plane. Looks absolutely stunning in those screen shots.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Well I am just new in x-plane and had many years in fsx.

I was used to the A2A quality but must say this aircraft comes really close.

Very nice and it runs under windows 8.1

I sent some questions out to the manufacturer because there are two miner things to mention.

One is if I change with shift + L the cockpit lights I am able to make it brighter and in the same time the time and surrounding is changing.

So more light and after a few seconds night light changes also the time of flying to middle of the night.

I dont know if this is on purpose are not.

Furthermore (maybe 8.1 windows) but the sound during a flight goes louder  and softer.

anyway terrific aircraft and very pleased with it.

well done and they are on the right way

people likes more and more better quality and this is a good one.

Furthermore (maybe 8.1 windows) but the sound during a flight goes louder and softer.

Yes I noticed this as well .. when the rpm goes beyond a certain limit .. I think it's probably something that may need fixing or tuning by vFlyteAir.

Just wondering.....

Review says the airplane drifts to the right on the takeoff roll. Is that correct?

Aileron trim is also mentioned for hands on flight. Is it just a heavy wing (as in the left or right wing wants to drop below a level attitude....or is it a roll type issue?

Larry, happy to report that for me .. I can fly hands off *without* trimming aileron!

W

One is if I change with shift + L the cockpit lights I am able to make it brighter and in the same time the time and surrounding is changing.

Errm Shift+L Cockpitlights? I don't think so.

Normally the keys K and L manipulate the time and the position of the Sun. If we start with the plane at lunch K decreases the time and it gets earlier and earlier and with L it increases the time so the sun goes to the evening.

The SHIFT key only makes these changes faster.

Run in fseconomy ?

I haven't checked, but if there's a corresponding aircraft in the official aircraft list, then the answer should be yes. Just don't forget to update the aircraft description in the FSE plugin when you load the plane. :)