Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Forum slow

I agree the site has become even slower in recent weeks. We've already had one topic closed without any real explanation. I trust this one won't go the same way.

Surely it can't be that difficult to come up with a form of words that would explain the problem. :huh:  Continued silence would suggest there is no known problem which is worrying. How close is AvSim to the edge where recovery might be difficult if not impossible?

Ray, continued silence results from me trying to explain that we are guilty of having too many people trying to access the system at once and I am being ignored. Does anyone notice that when the user access creeps up on 950 to 1,000 users, that the 503 error will start to show itself intermitently? Solution is easy! Send us $60,000 to replace / refresh servers or when you get the 503, take a break and come back later when the load is less. We are going to look at the system after the new year. If we find issues, then we'll correct them to the extent our budget allows. That may also result in us simple throttling back the number of users that can be on the site at any given moment, so that everyone that does gain access, has a fast and smooth experience.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the explanation. I did wonder if AvSim was a victim of its own success. I must admit to not checking the numbers online when I visit but I'll bear that in mind in future visits.

I can't quite manage $60,000 personally but I'd willingly make another contribution were you to start an appeal. I'm sure I speak for many when I say AvSim is THE place most of us consider home in flight sim matters. I certainly wouldn't want another extended downtime as we experienced a few years ago.

I hope you can spend some time with your family over Christmas and not have to monitor things here. All the best for 2013 to you and all the moderators who do a sterling job! :Applause:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can't quite manage $60,000 personally but I'd willingly make another contribution were you to start an appeal. I'm sure I speak for many when I say AvSim is THE place most of us consider home in flight sim matters. I certainly wouldn't want another extended downtime as we experienced a few years ago.

Ray, we are looking as some other funding methods to help in a number of ways. In any case, thank you for the sentiments and best wishes. And to yours as well of course.

Avsim,

You are the slowest place I visit, and I soon give you up, no matter explanation. It is so slow I just don't want to deal with this.

I'm more than willing to put up with a bit of slowness.  Best holiday wishes to all of the hardworking mods and admins that keep this very vital resource and community hub going for us all to enjoy.  Your efforts are very appreciated! 

:drinks:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Avsim,

You are the slowest place I visit, and I soon give you up, no matter explanation. It is so slow I just don't want to deal with this.

Okay, one less demand on our bandwidth. Thank you for volunteering to help.

I see it her ein the Netherlands already with about 500 users. Is that too much ?