Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

X-Plane software support from PCAviator and other shops?

With the various updates to X-Plane 10, there will be inevitable times when the various vendors products need to be updated and made available to us, the purchasers again.  The X-Plane.org store is pretty good at keeping downloads up to date and available.  How about this support if I buy from PCAviator.com.  I stayed away from FlightSim.com  because post sale service is pretty bad, because it charges money to re-unable download, unlike SimMArket or Aerosoft store.  Normally I do not need to know this, because I made back-up of all my purchases.   X-Plane products seem to require more new updates than usual, so I need to pick my vendor carefully.

Do you have any experience to share?

P.S. I looked at the FAQ at PCAviator.com and aside from saying that my download link should be good for a while, it says nothing about new software updates.

Thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Judging from the lack of responses, I guess none here have bought X-Plane add-ons from any other shop than X-plane.org ?  Competition is good, so I guess I will go nag each other store for more info.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Most of the retailers get their updates shortly after they are released , I have never gone longer than a day.

Sorry, just noticed this one.

In my experience both X-Aviation and the Org are timely with their updates and notifications. I have never missed any follow ups from either site.

Whenever I have a question regarding my purchases both stores are EXTREMELY prompt, courteous and HELPFUL.

In terms of after sales service I can't complain about either site. I particularly like X-Aviation because Cameron makes a point of interacting with his customers personally, and in this way it's very down to earth; which suits my style.

I have noticed that some people have had issues with both sites in the past, but to my observation it has always been a case of miscommunication (via buyer attitude) or misunderstanding (where one party suspects the other party of having 'attitude' that consequently rubs the conversation the wrong way!).

Sorry for only now answering....

My X-Plane add-ons were bought from X-Aviation, X-Plane.org, VFlyteAir, Carenado and Aerosoft.

I have problems with the FF WL 777 everytime they issue an update, because I only get it sometimes 1 month latter at Aerosoft :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks all for replying.  PCAviator has not gotten back to me after more than 3 business days, so in term of customer inquiries I would give them an F.  From what I read and deduce from the download support FAQ the links are supposed to be active from three years after purchase, so presumably any new updates should make their way on to the links eventually.   Alas, their X-Plane selection is not that great, even inconsistent in pricing, e.g. currently the Carenado C208B for X-plane is 29.95 USD while all other shops have the same sale price as the Carenado site itself, which is half that.

Vu Pham