Sign in to follow this  
onduty

Bizjet scheme...a question to our skilled painters

Hi All,

Thinking about a fictional 777 bizjet paint scheme: would it be possible to modify the basic PMDG scheme (with their permission of course) to have a nice bizjet?

I mean to delete all letters ("PMDG", "777", etc.) and those multi nation flags to have only the base colors with a new fictional reg. I think it would be a nice, modest and attractive paint job.

My second choice would be based on the excellent work of Giulio Catena's Boeing  House 2014 livery (flightsim). Also, with his permission deleting all the promotion letters from this beauty and keeping only that beautiful deep-red and light gray base scheme would be gorgeuos.

Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough in photoshop to do that myself and really do not have time to learn it because of my real aviation job.

Would anybody volunteer, dear skilled painters?

Cheers,

o

To be honest, if you wanted something like that it would be easier to actually start from the ground up rather than try to reverse engineer an existing scheme. If I can find some time I was thinking of throwing together a few test schemes and seeing which one people liked and then developing that one further.

Hi Again, Wes,

That would be great!

Just some tips if you will: these paint schemes are normally quite simple ("low profile") ones. (Sure, we all know some exceptions, airliners.net is full of spotters' pictures of some bad examples.) The T7 in itself is big enough to attract some unwanted attention on the ramp.

One or two thin lines are sufficient with the reg in very light grey. The surfaces are extra clean,as these planes are mainained to the highest standards. So no oil or hyd leaks, dirt or exhaust stains.

You can check the photos of Sands' old 747SP: the cleanest aircraft ever seen.

Looking forward to your work. A "vote" for the best version would be very interesting.

All the best,

o

I do realize that VIP designs are usually clean and low-key, don't worry, no multi-coloured monstrosities from my paint hangar!! Im thinking along the lines of the Boeing BBJ livery, say an off white fuselage with a small maroon and gold stripe or something.

I made this repaint for myself as soon as the plane came out! This is the sort of simplicity I like the most. It was made from scratch from the free (but masive) paintkit

wzk4.png

Nice repaint Luc! I want to make one a little less showy, a bit more boring... but typical. will get going on it tonight!!

Hi All,

Wes: Yes, that's what I mean. "Boring" is not a negative word in this field of aviation. Maroon and gold stripes? Wes, you read my thoughts! May I suggest a "low key" reg (fictional) of VP-CQA? Spotters will not have a clue even on the nationality of the owner.

Luc: Remarkable job, simple and fits the T7 extremely well. Would you upload somwhere?

You all: I envy your talent and skill. I will learn this repaint biz as soon as I have some time to spare (OK, I hope at least...).

Cheers,

Tamas

I had a play on Photoshop last night but with Christmas next week, I might have to put any repaints on hold as I have a lot to do before I fly out on Saturday to go on vacation. Perhaps I will take my laptop on the plane and do the repaint then. Be supremely ironic.

Yes, I'm leaving,too. I will definately take my laptop with me to check the posts on this forum and to learn the T7 deeper secrets. I've got a lot of manuals still untouched and thankfully some time to study.

Merry Christmas All,

Tamas

I've uploaded that repaint to Avsim, I'm just waiting for it to go live and I'll have the link for you guys!

That's a cool livery!

We have VP-CAL but we could use N777AS the VIP 777 operated by Mid East Jet.

I think there are one or two more from Saudi Arabia too

Hi All,

Luc: Nice and impressive. Just walked around her in my hangar.

LeeL: Yes, we have VP-CAL but unfortunatelly with dirt, stains and a worn look. In reality, she has perfectly clean and glistening surfaces.

I agree fully on N777AS!

cheers,