Sign in to follow this  
pilot2fly

Frozen displays

Gents,

I'm having an issue with my displays in the VC. If I turn off High Quality VC in the FSX options, the panel goes grey and I have to switch views to get it to look right. At that point, the ND and all displays look frozen. However, if I click them and expand them, they are working. Same thing is happening for the AP knobs (speed and altitude selection, etc.). The numbers never change on the AP bar when I turn the knobs.

However, If I turn High Quality VC on, I get my ND and speed display back, but everything else is still frozen.

Here is an example:

pmdgissue1_zpsfc994ebf.png

My specs are: Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel i5 2430M 2.4ghz, 6 gb DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GT 540M 1 GB card. I had been using this add-on just fine until I had to recently reinstall FSX and all my add-ons. The PMDG 777 worked great the first flight, after that this has been happening.

I've tried some suggestions that were offered in the forums like switching views, going from 3D to 2D cockpit then back, all to no avail. 

I also have similar issues sometimes, switching views quickly does the trick for me.  Why is this unique to the 777?  It never happened on the PMDG737.

Paul Gugliotta

I also have similar issues sometimes, switching views quickly does the trick for me.  Why is this unique to the 777?  It never happened on the PMDG737.

It used to happen on the 737 for me before about update 2.