Sign in to follow this  
gfd

MCP Combo Boeing II Airbus X Heading

Greetings

I would first like to thank LINDA for the excellent integration of the MCP Combo II. I would also like to thank the author for the Airbus X plugin. I have a question. I'm sure it's something I have overlooked, but I can't seem to change the heading using the Combo unit. All of the other controls appear to be working as expected, but when I turn the heading dial, nothing happens. It's not the dial. I can change headings on other aircraft. I can change the heading onscreen using the mouse.

If it is something terribly obvious, please accept my apologies along with my thanks.

Best of the season to everyone.

Graham

Hello Graham,

haven't Airbus X installed (will do now) but could you please provide me a screenshot of the LINDA Combo section where I can see your HDG assignments?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. The screenshot is attached.

post-259582-0-96363100-1387217045.png

This is how mine looks:

e8NSm23.png

You have not assigned anything, right?

You have to assing all that stuff:

click on a function, choose "Aersoft Airbus X" and choose that funktion, you want

(the naming of the functions is not consistent - some are called e.g. "AB HDG plus", you can see it's a special Airbus function, some are just called "ALT plus" without AB. But you need the functions from the airbus module, too!

Or use the default presets from the module download: "if you want a MCP Combo II preset, rename the *.default files to *.lua which could be found here after installing
Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/Aerosoft Airbus X"

Guenter Steiner

Thanks for the reply. You know, I don't recall changing the heading values...but I am getting old :) And thanks for the tip on <file>.default. I should have known. I'll change the heading values. I'm sure that will correct the issue. I also noticed I am not using the same values as you on the vertical speed. That clears up another mystery.

One final question then I will leave you be to enjoy the rest of your day. I was using Autopilot ALT toggle, etc as I thought that it would toggle between managed and manual mode for the knobs. Is that correct? The reason I ask is, the default is using Autopilot ALT managed, etc. What's the difference?

I have to say one more time, the Combo interface is amazing. Keep up the good work.

The very best to you and yours over the holidays.

Be sure to use everywhere the Airbus module functions!

It is unfortunately misleading that they do not have special names like AB HDG, but all functions are from the module, even if they are named similar as the FSX default functions!!!

The managed is the VNAV ...? I really do not know it to be honest.

I even can't say if I have ever pressed the ALT button in the Airbus... hmm, yes, I have, it toggles the dot on and off. That what I call similar to VNAV...

thanks for your nice words and greetings to you also!

Guenter Steiner