Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

3 hours in...

Well, 3 and a half hours now, into a trans-con in P3D2, and not a single artifact, anomaly, or any other unpleasantness, ticking along at the same limited 30FPS it began with.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429410-p3d2-long-haul-testsort-of/

So I think I'll be requesting a refund, as apparently I got a defective copy.

Really does make me wonder about the ones that "can't run it for 10 minutes without a crash".

Regards,

Brian Doney

Your flight inspired me to run a similar test.. GA of course but.. I tinkered enough today and got that out of my system I felt I was ready to give the girl her the first go at a real flight. I departed KPHL (Philly) 1hr 20m ago, beelined to Manhattan, and now making way to my goal airport of KPVC.. (The tip of the finger of Cape Cod).

I'm flying in the Carenado 182T (dual G1000s) completely by VOR so I'm doing a lot of knob turning and twisting,  (using the cockpit) changed weather twice. ie: Putting things through the paces..

One of the best flights I've had on default scenery..  I have Marthas Vineyard off my nose now (not in sight yet).. Back to flying! 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Now that's what I'm talking about  :Applause:

I only went with this snoozer of a flight so that I could be sure that I was using, well, a somewhat complex airliner (best I can do for now with P3D2), in combination with Opus and custom AI traffic.

Is it absolutely definitive poof of anything ? Maybe not, but at least  it breaks up the running theme in here a bit  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

One of the best parts so far was it going from complete daylight to night.. The way it diffuses the light etc between the lit horizon where the sun is and the opposite dark horizon when you pan the camera from one to the other surreal.. Never saw that effect before in FSX/P3D 1.4

I actually have my browser open on one monitor, P3Dv2 on the center, and I'm watching a movie on the other.  :lol:

Edit: Jeez.. Even the moonlight casts shadows.. Niiiiiice

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The only thnig that really has made me shake my head a little is the random hard winter texture swapping thing that got carried over from FSX.

Well I guess it's not truly random but it is a bit garish. Really hoped they'd fixed/eliminated that but, oh well.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Only anomaly I have so far is this... Sun had the same thing.. No idea what is it

FfaBEUA.jpg

LOL at DoubleJ ! (look at every one of my posts in this thread if you're confused)

Was there a field trip today ? Getting home quite late !

Regards,

Brian Doney

Just touched down..

XUfqPtb.jpg

Is DoubleJ your ex-wife Brian? Is she stalking you? Methinks someone needs an early night!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just touched down..

So collect yourself for a moment and then share your thoughts  B)

Is DoubleJ your ex-wife Brian? Is she stalking you? Methinks someone needs an early night!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not sure, I know they were upset because my anit-aliasing worked and theirs didn't but:

ckzd.png

That's a bit silly  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Wow.. We all don't get along at times, we all have our arguments, we all have our pet peeves with other users that get to us (and ours to them).. But heck the thumbs down abuse is hilarious. 

The mountains are being ruined by the stupid hard winter textures  :Cry:

As a recent transfer from FS9 to FSX to begin with, I wasn't even aware of this "feature" until very recently, since this is my first winter season away from FS9 in ages.

Really can ruin a nice scene.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Only anomaly I have so far is this... Sun had the same thing.. No idea what is it

FfaBEUA.jpg

China's lunar lander just touched down on the moon. :rolleyes:

Creep much DoubleJ ?  :lol:

7ffp.png

2fv0.png

I guess I could report him for it, but it's moderately amusing and I still have an hour left in the cruise  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney