Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

3 hours in...

Summary of my 2hr flight..

Purposely picked a heavy plane... It's not a 777 but for GA Carenados 182T and the dual G1000s are known to be "weighty"..

Locked at 34FPS.. Lowest dip I saw was passing NYC where it dipped to around 20 now and then..

Cruise 8,000ft

Smooth as a babies butt the entire time

VAS peaked at 2.9GB... 

It confirmed what I've known... Leave 3PD scenery alone.. It doesn't belong in v2 yet even if someone tells you it does (right now), it doesn't.. 

3PD planes will be hit or miss.. I purposely flew Carenado because I know he obeys the FSX SDK

The thing has its qwirks, and they are really really annoying and well known about I'm not going to beat a dead horse here.. But when it comes to the flying part.. It's stable as can be as far as I'm concerned 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yep, when it's playing up it's a frustrating as ever, I'll absolutely grant you that. Luckily I have only had rare and predictable issues show themselves.

...but when it's right ? ...well...I'll not continue lest I say something inappropriate  :lol:

It is unfortunate, if expected, that we couldn't just plop down with all of our stuff and make a new home inside of a week, but the other side of that coin is that, in time, there is the potential to far exceed anything FSX could have been capable of. I can see that potential every time I look at P3D2. I wish those that are struggling with it could as well.

Regards,

Brian Doney

There - if it even things out a bit Brian  :lol:

Well.  I think you know I have different views on how this should have been released but there is no use debating that.. No one on each side will ever agree... I've learned to walk away and just agree to disagree with that.  :lol:  We're all here wanting the same thing..  No use to strangle each other over it.

Anyway...    B)

I posted some shots here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429422-kphl-kpvc/

My settings (big picture):  http://i.imgur.com/RZBWvIN.jpg

Edit: Correction.. I was set at 60FPS not 34...  I was averaging 34

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Were you internally limiting to 60 out of curiosity ?

About 100NM from TOD now still no issues to report.

I would like to reiterate for you Bill and for anyone else that I've disagreed with in the past few weeks that might read this, that it isn't the disagreements or criticisms that stick in my craw, it's the hyperbole and dramatics that push it over the top. That's not something you've done much of yourself, but a select few have really made it difficult to have a civil discussion for more than a page or two since release day.

P3D2 definitely needs some work. P3D2, even when patched and updated, will not be right for everyone. P3D2 may require some compromises that are too much for some to accept...

..but P3D2 is the only significant development of the platform we are likely to see for a very long time. That doesn't mean you have to like it, nor does it mean you have use it. I'd only ask that you take a step back and really consider the big picture before panning it outright, and maybe even voice your concerns in a manner that might help improve the situation, while we have the chance, as opposed to just fanning flames.

I cannot wait to land so I can go play with my likely broken but cheap 757.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Yeah.. Limiting internally at 60. I don't want to go completely unhinged yet..  I'm taking babysteps and finding the best balance.. As you noticed my settings were conservative, well balanced but not FS9ing my flight.. IMO it still looked better than FSX at max.. 

Hey Bill I wonder if this wormhole leads to the abyss located on the moon in your sim ?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429410-p3d2-long-haul-testsort-of/#entry2882302

Are you trying to lose the Rebel Alliance? 

Creep much DoubleJ ?  :lol:

7ffp.png

2fv0.png

I guess I could report him for it, but it's moderately amusing and I still have an hour left in the cruise  :lol:

Ewwww thats a bit creepy!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Final shots here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429410-p3d2-long-haul-testsort-of/#entry2882318

Is that Opus weather? Where are the rain clouds?

It's snow. The ground eventually turned to hard winter textures all the way to short final  :Cry:

It is Opus though, idk wut happen  :lol:

Ewwww thats a bit creepy!

Yeah I dunno, I don't have a problem with whoever that is really, we disagreed but so what. 

:unknw:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Final shots here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429410-p3d2-long-haul-testsort-of/#entry2882318

It's snow. The ground eventually turned to hard winter textures all the way to short final  :Cry:

It is Opus though, idk wut happen  :lol:

Yeah I dunno, I don't have a problem with whoever that is really, we disagreed but so what. 

:unknw:

That KingGhidorah person does the same to me, even as far as going back to over a year old posts I've made just to rate them dumb.

He takes forum ratings very very seriously. :lol:

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

That KingGhidorah person does the same to me, even as far as going back to over a year old posts I've made just to rate them dumb.

I think it's supposed to bother me but, to be honest I really couldn't care less  :lol:

If it makes 'em feel better then by all means have at it. 

I'd likely not even notice if not for the notifications  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

That King Ghidorah person didn't like your use of the rating system on a very specific post he made last week when the "dumb" button was still in effect, interpreted your downvote as a short way of you saying "screw you", and so he went and found a legitimate post to ding you back on it, tit for tat.  I've handed out 11 downmarks only, and all of them were as a response, something I've already stated made me feel petty, but didn't feel the behavior should just be ignored altogether.  These issues of the rating system have already been discussed to the point of nausea in at least 2 different threads.  If you want to hear my view on the ratings system and see a lengthy discussion on it, how I felt about how it was being used, and my uneasiness with using it, then go find the lengthy thread about it.   We're not going to re-argue the point.  You see what DoubleJ is doing and you don't like it, do you?  You think this wasn't happening on the so called "other side" of the P3D coin? 

I personally don't care, really I don't

It says a lot more about the person doing it than anything else. If he/you/anyone want to behave in such an immature manner, then by all means, knock yourself out. 

Doesn't look like blueshark is too bothered either so, I guess I really don't understand the point.

Anyway, that's enough for one night. I sense a disturbance in the force.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Well, what do you expect when there is a post about "That King Ghidorah person"?  Last week, I was involved in a lengthy thread about the ratings system started by Dillon, about how it was being used.  I argued that I would rather see it removed because there were certain people going around zapping people with the "Dumb" button for anything even mildly percieved as "anti-p3d", just like DoubleJ appears to be doing for anything "pro-p3d", and it was quite insulting.  Since that time, the ratings system was reinstated, and for what it's worth, I think most people are using it in a much more respectful manner now, and at least the "Dumb" button is gone now.  I think most of the people have a much better understanding of the appropriate use of the ratings sytems after our discussions about, including myself.  Was I being a bit defensive and petty about it myself--sure.   I'm sorry that DoubleJ is going around zapping people just for holding a particular viewpoint.  He should stop that.