Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

3 hours in...

It's very easy.

I've done it twice this week.. Brian rubbed me the wrong way a lot  once this week.. I PM'ed him instead of responding in public and turning it into a pissing match.. Problem resolved...

I wanted to respond to a thread today that was rubbing me the wrong way but opted to PM the person instead of publicly saying something I knew would stir the pot.  Point was made and no bee-hives had rocks thrown at them. 

re·straint / riˈstrānt / noun 1.
a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits.
"decisions are made within the financial restraints of the budget"

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I grow tired of the pissing matches too, Bill, believe me. 

I'm trying to get good information on P3D, because I'm looking at at least $1500 dollars in upgrades to be able to benefit from P3D, and I don't want to screw that up.  I want to hear the Good and I want to hear the Bad.   Things aren't as bad as they were 2 weeks ago, but still it's difficult to get a realistic picture of what P3D really is and what it really isn't.

That King Ghidorah person didn't like your use of the rating system on a very specific post he made last week when the "dumb" button was still in effect, interpreted your downvote as a short way of you saying "screw you", and so he went and found a legitimate post to ding you back on it, tit for tat.  I've handed out 11 downmarks only, and all of them were as a response, something I've already stated made me feel petty, but didn't feel the behavior should just be ignored altogether.  These issues of the rating system have already been discussed to the point of nausea in at least 2 different threads.  If you want to hear my view on the ratings system and see a lengthy discussion on it, how I felt about how it was being used, and my uneasiness with using it, then go find the lengthy thread about it.   We're not going to re-argue the point.  You see what DoubleJ is doing and you don't like it, do you?  You think this wasn't happening on the so called "other side" of the P3D coin? 

Wow that was quick you've must have heard us from under your bridge......

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Wow that was quick you've must have heard us from under your bridge......

Okay, well, you really aren't helping by calling somebody a troll. 

Okay, well, you really aren't helping by calling somebody a troll. 

I'm not trying to help anything, there aren't any problems here with most of us P3D section members but you, I simply put your behavior on blast.

Now that your aware of it the ball is in your court to cut the silly crap out.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm not trying to help anything, there aren't any problems here with most of us P3D section members but you, I simply put your behavior on blast.

Now that your aware of it the ball is in your court to cut the silly crap out.

First of all, don't accuse me of Trolling.  You're the one that mentioned King Ghidorah as doing what DoubleJ appears to be doing, which is factually incorrect.  I haven't been doing that.  I've been very restrained with use of ratings, knowing full well that they can be used as a tool to simply hurl an insult.  And I believe my statements on P3D have been very balanced.  You brought me into the thread by name; I simply happened to be reading it, seeking information.

So what silly crap is that you referring to above? Please elaborate. You think I'm anti-P3D or something because I've held back, asked some tough questions about it, and questioned some of the more flowery statements that some have made. Tough. The whole point of a forum is vibrant discussion.   And I believe that forward progress is achieved when the customer makes critical observations, grounded in reality, not when the customer just makes apologies or minimizes things.  The end result is a better and more realistic simulation platform for all of us.  Don't you want that?

OK guys, that's enough. This is a forum about flight simulation, not a kindergarten. If you have issues with each other, use the PM system. If you still have issues, use the report button and we'll take appropriate action.

I'm starting to get fed up of having to close threads because a just few want to spoil it for the majority but I'll leave this one running if you can get back on topic.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I have no problem with that observation, Jean-Paul, nor do I have anything to resolve with BlueShark via PM other than what I just said.  Please leave the thread open--I was enjoying reading it until I came to the part about "that guy King Ghidorah" :lol: and hope it continues.

And by the way, Doublej just got himself a week suspension for abusive behaviour after his "performance" in this thread.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

And by the way, Doublej just got a week suspension for abusive behaviour after his "performance" in this thread.

I hate it when a fellow flight simmer gets a time out, or worse, because we all are prone to mistakes, but I think that's a good and appropriate action in this case.

Only anomaly I have so far is this... Sun had the same thing.. No idea what is it

FfaBEUA.jpg

All joking aside, I think that's suppose to represent the Sea of Tranquility on the moon, but obviously there is some sort of graphic anomaly problem. Possibly an alpha channel problem

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I enjoyed reading about the test flights which bear out my own experiences with P3D V2.0 it's only when you carry out a real flight that you notice things. You notice the good things and what could be improved.

From release day, it took me several days if not a week to STOP myself from 'experimenting', some call this tweaking, but I define tweaking as messing with things you shouldn't, like adding and subtracting things from the cfg or adding scenery manually.

Anyway, my 'tuning' was simply to find out what it would and wouldn't do on my system. For this I used the sliders and check boxes that we can all access. I needed to find the sweet spot.

My experience was that I could turn on shadows and max everything out and still achieve good performance in limited scenarios. The keyword here is limit. These were not P3D limits, these were the limits of my own hardware.

I've learnt that when I add a scenery or plane and it works, it stays working. I've even added that 737 for testing purposes. On my system I can fly it, but their are issues with it so I've canned it.

I never make videos (good job I hear people say) but with P3D I have. Why? Because it flys with much higher settings than FSX ever could on my PC. I can fly through clouds, Or when the weather is awful and it feels real. More importantly for me, the lighting looks real. I'm not actually bothered that some addons don't work (yet) it's the flying part I enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jgt43r3uyra94g/VFR.wmv