Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Controlling bloom amount

I seem to have lost the ability to control the amount of bloom. Using the DX10 fixer sliders for reflective and lights has no effect in FSX.

I then uninstalled the libraries, then uninstalled DX10 fixer, restored default ShadersSHSL files and installed latest version of DX10 fixer.

Still no change. What am I missing ?

Thanks

I also am having this issue with the latest version of the fixer, 1.3.  The bloom off of the plane and snow is very bright and is "burning out" and doesn't change when I move the sliders even though I am down to 15%.  I did not see this on the previous version.  Any suggestions?

Also, some new features have been added for bloom but I don't see them mentioned in the owner's manual so I'm not sure what they do and how to use them.

--Don

Don Polidori

Don

check the manual says v1.3 on the first page then the bloom options are described on page 33, with a picture of the general shader options on page 31.

There are tooltips on each slider if you hover as well

So far as I can see it all works as expected. If you set the reflective slider to 0 and hit ok, then when you look in the appdata\local\dx10sceneryfixer\dx10.ini you should find the bloomfactor change in the general section. When you reenter the dialog the slider should be at the position you left it.

Inspecting the Cessna I see the amount of bloom on the wing change - it can still wash out but that's the lighting not the bloom. I don't think that bloom applies to snow.

Similarly if I adjust the lights (alpha/halo) slider is see the runway light bloom change.

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I was looking at the wrong page of the manual.  I tried a few things today, I changed the bloom sliders from 100 to zero and saw no change in the appearance of the plane.  The same washed out look with no change in intensity that I could see....so I turned bloom off and it looked as expected..some reflection but able to see some detail on the plane.  I did confirm that the value in the dx10.ini is changing when I change the setting in the fixer, it just doesn't seem to make a visual difference in the sim.  Maybe I just don't like bloom? 

--Don

Don Polidori

Hi Don

I checked again and you are correct and I am wrong.

The reflective bloom factor is inserted in the wrong place (by one line) and so doesn't work. The other bloom sliders seem ok.

Sorry I will fix in 1.4 to about 2 weeks time