Sign in to follow this  
bones1977

A Friendly Reminder

Let me start by explaining that I am an idiot! Now that I've made that clear, let me also say that I have been posting in this forum for a few years now, although I have to admit that it's pretty rare for me to post here, because whenever I check back for replies to the questions I've asked, I can't ever seem to find the original post thread. So, I just thought there were too dang many people using this forum, making it impossible to navigate far enough back to find the replies people have left in response to my posts.

Well, referring back to my first point....I'm an idiot! I'm coming to realize that I never did set up a signature, so all my dang posts have been deleted. Hence the reason they are nowhere to be found. Now, I want to make it clear that I have read the Forum Rules at least two or three times. The problem is that I could have sworn I set up a signature for this forum way back when I joined (I use a lot of forums, and I guess I can't keep them all straight). So, each time I read the rules, I just assumed  that I was in compliance (you know what happens when we assume).

Isn't there a way to have an automated email sent out to people who have their posts removed, explaining the Forum Rules, and why their posts were deleted. I understand that most people who don't sign their posts, probably don't fairly belong using this forum, but I bought this product fair and square, and would have highly appreciated such a friendly gesture. I have posted some very important questions, as well as some helpful replies to other people's posts, which all went to waste.

One more time, let me get it on the record that I'm an idiot and take full blame for having my posts deleted, so this isn't a gripe or complaint, it's merely a suggestion. I'm just saying it would have been nice to get an email informing me that I'm a moron, instead of leaving dozens of posts in a forum for over 2 years, before coming to realize it for myself....

...I'm just sayin'

....oh, and PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS POST!

posting in this forum for a few years now

Joined 1 Year, 2 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Did you have another user name?

Joined 1 Year, 2 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Did you have another user name?

Nope...Never noticed that, lol. I guess it just seems like it's been two years, but the more I think about it, that's about right.

I'm just saying it would have been nice to get an email informing me that I'm a moron, instead of leaving dozens of posts in a forum for over 2 years, before coming to realize it for myself....

I guess I was wrong about that too, 21 doesn't quite equal "dozens", but you get my point, right? I'm an idiot!

Go to your User Control Panel (your user id in the top right corner) and cick on MY CONTENT. That will show your messages posted going back a long way.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG 737NGX" to "Help Using the AVSIM Forums". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

....oh, and PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS POST!

If you do post a topic or post, you can also find posts or topics by placing your cursor over your Username in the upper left corner of your post or topic, then click Your Content.  We do not delete posts but an offending post that might be in violation of our Terms of Service might be hidden from view of members or it might have been moved to the proper forum (as this topic was).  Tom's recommendation above is best but it is faster if you can find at least one of your posts.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Steve, please stop calling yourself an idiot!  We all make mistakes pal and this one is about the size of a very small pimple on a knats left test*#cle.

\Robert Hamlich/