Sign in to follow this  

Reassuring little bit of news

Since my topic about a dev waking up has been locked (for good reason) I'll post this here because I think it's good to know. It's nog big news but still something I'd like to post to keep things in balance. ^_^  

I had certain concerns about the communications between LM and 3PD's and in that locked topic I focused on Orbx, one of the biggest players. The lack of news on one side and certain remarks made by LM on the other, made me wonder if everything was going well or not when it came to P3D and add ons. 

Well, JV posted in a reply to a post of mine that he has contact with Wes Bard on a weekly basis. Yes, that's all LOL but still, for me this was good and reassuring news.  ^_^

He also said this: "All developers have to come to grips with certain things not working properly because of how alpha channels, texture compression choices and other minor things have been changed or rendered by the new engine (or modified engine). That does not mean FTXG is not compatible, it just means we'll patch it to resolve small issues, just like LM will be patching P3D2 to fix a myriad of their own bugs."

Again, I was happy with this 'news' and it restored that little bit of faith I had lost in the future of P3D.  ^_^ 

Much better communication and transparency with that response.. That's all anyone really wants.  Devs got a little ahead of themselves.. It happens.  We don't need to know the gory details, just the cliff notes. :) 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yeah ive already made the mistake of rushing installs with v2 and had nothing but issues so im taking me time as im in no rush to get things done or installed, time is our friend and as v2 is still so new its only a matter of time before things work the way they should. I expect 6 months down the line and we all will be more than happy with the progress of the sim and addons :)

-Paul-

Sorry about your thread Jeroen, for my part in it ending up where it did.

:blush:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Since my topic about a dev waking up has been locked (for good reason) I'll post this here because I think it's good to know. It's nog big news but still something I'd like to post to keep things in balance. ^_^  

I had certain concerns about the communications between LM and 3PD's and in that locked topic I focused on Orbx, one of the biggest players. The lack of news on one side and certain remarks made by LM on the other, made me wonder if everything was going well or not when it came to P3D and add ons. 

Well, JV posted in a reply to a post of mine that he has contact with Wes Bard on a weekly basis. Yes, that's all LOL but still, for me this was good and reassuring news.  ^_^

He also said this: "All developers have to come to grips with certain things not working properly because of how alpha channels, texture compression choices and other minor things have been changed or rendered by the new engine (or modified engine). That does not mean FTXG is not compatible, it just means we'll patch it to resolve small issues, just like LM will be patching P3D2 to fix a myriad of their own bugs."

Again, I was happy with this 'news' and it restored that little bit of faith I had lost in the future of P3D.  ^_^ 

I too am sorry about my part in getting that thread locked but I just get so tired of the Debby Downer, I told you so guys like Alan who just have to rain on every parade. Your news here is great to hear and like someone above said...all we really need are the cliff notes. Well done.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Since it's apparent that compatibility between P3D2 and FSX addons isn't quite as good as some of us had hoped, it has made me question whether I actually want to "make the switch". It's no good to me if I will end up having to pay huge sums of money just to get my FSX addons to work with P3D2. I have spent more than enough on FSX already, so I prefer to stick with what I have for now. Maybe I will change my mind if FSX starts to annoy me with its little foibles (like the OOM issue), but I am just going to shout "La La La La" with my fingers in my ears as long as possible! :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just curious if these difference could also be effecting the sim performance with addon aircraft . Specifically the gauge textures. I have noticed the ceranado C208 EX G1000 MFD, not the PFD, introduces microstutters and also drops the frames almost in half causing the adaptive Vsync to go bonkers. Powering it off has a huge impact on performance in V2. Now I wonder how many of these developers will even investigate theses type of things? Going to take time I reckon.

Hmmm...interesting observation Rendi. Have you passed this back to LM?

Hmmm...interesting observation Rendi. Have you passed this back to LM?

I dont believe it would be a LM thing but much more of a Carenado deal. You talked to them lately? :)

Very good news that there's regular conversation between LM and the third-party developers.  Even better news that there's actual development going on.  Sort of a refreshing change after the past four years, don't you think?

Sort of a refreshing change after the past four years, don't you think?

More like the past 15  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

I dont believe it would be a LM thing but much more of a Carenado deal. You talked to them lately? :)

Already working on the issues I had... :lol:

And I agree this is probably a Carenado thing, but LM also some back-compat items on the fix list, so it may be an issue at their end as well.

More like the past 15  :lol:

Ah, roger that.  I was thinking since MS shut down Aces in 2009, but... yeah.  What you said.

Just curious if these difference could also be effecting the sim performance with addon aircraft

Which differences?

Again, I was happy with this 'news' and it restored that little bit of faith I had lost in the future of P3D. ^_^

Good to know, thanks for sharing. Did you get your licence sorted?