Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Overclock advice I7 2600K

Hi All

My I7 2600K run at 3.4 currently not over clocked but it does turbo to 4.3 when flight sim is running I have an indicator on task bar so I know this for sure. Now I want to overclock but I am confused as I see some people are clocking around 4.8 and higher on this chip but are they referring to their turbo clock that's been overclocked or is this a pure overclock of the standard clock speed 3.4 to 4.8 so in effect there CPU is always at 4.8.  This really confuses me for some reason, is there really a point to do a mild over clock if your turbo is already hitting 4.3 when necessary, I do notice when its not under load it drops down to 1.6. Thanks for any advice maybe I am not understanding this correctly

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Wayne

That's odd the turbo boost on my machine (without OC) only goes to 3.8GHz and that is the default turbo boost.

Usually when you overclock you disable the turbo boost option so that the cpu is always running at the OC speed ie there is no turbo boost.

I clock mine to 4.4GHz all on auto settings in the BIOS and do not see much improvement in FSX performance with higher oc settings, even when I manually set voltages and clock to 5.2 GHz using only 2 cores (water cooling).

Good luck

PeterH

Yes not complaining with 4.3 turbo ii have the z68 pro asus turbo was at 3.8 and i changed bios setting and it jumped to 4.3 probably not worth the hassle to try and oc to 4.8 as i have killer cpu fan but is only air not water cool especially if not much change, do you use dx 10 fixer i swear to good i picked up 12-15 frames by switching bloom on in fsx and pulling all bloom slidersback to 60 percent in the dx 10 fixer, same result for others

Wayne

Yes not complaining with 4.3 turbo ii have the z68 pro asus turbo was at 3.8 and i changed bios setting and it jumped to 4.3 probably not worth the hassle to try and oc to 4.8 as i have killer cpu fan but is only air not water cool especially if not much change, do you use dx 10 fixer i swear to good i picked up 12-15 frames by switching bloom on in fsx and pulling all bloom slidersback to 60 percent in the dx 10 fixer, same result for others

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K