Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Can ASN also connect up with FS9?

Was just wondering, as Opus can't. I presently have A.S.E.  If ASN can drive FS9, that might be also a good incentive for me to try and pick it up...

Anybody?  Thanks.

Pretty sure FS9 does not use Simconnect so the answer would be no.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

ASN also places a dll in FSX. A FS9 dll would be different for sure - and this dll doesn't exist at all. So no chance with ASN.

But as a long-term ASE user, and now ASN user, lemme tell you: The upgrade offer is a steal, considering all the improvements since ASE!

ASN also places a dll in FSX. A FS9 dll would be different for sure - and this dll doesn't exist at all. So no chance with ASN.

But as a long-term ASE user, and now ASN user, lemme tell you: The upgrade offer is a steal, considering all the improvements since ASE!

Really?  Ok...so no FS9, but then can use ASE for that.  I'll pick this up then...thanks to you both for your replies!

Mitch

Pretty sure FS9 does not use Simconnect so the answer would be no.

Vic

Thanks, Vic.   I hope that ASN doesn't overwrite ASE in any way...so I can still use ASE for FS9.  

ASN doesn't overwrite any of the legacy AS products... all remain usable.

DJ

ASN doesn't overwrite any of the legacy AS products... all remain usable.

DJ

Thank you, Ubersu. I just picked it up 15 minutes ago...and am paused in a flight out of the Caribbean.  So far, it is working perfectly, the atmospherics look great, and absolutely no hit to FPS performance for a full eye-candy, multi-layer complex sky....  Good purchase!   Happy Camper Approved!  Oh...and correct, my ASE is still there, ready for FS9 departures... :))))

Ses

I think it's pretty nice - I use AS2012 or REX to create the textures, shut them down and then fire up ASN.  Be aware there are some issues with FSUIPC that will result in a hotfix soon.

DJ