Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

LSZH,SimHeaven OSM, HD Mesh v2, and Carennado C90B (Bliss)

Brilliant!

I think Ill get that plane too.

I just wish I could get rid of shimmering whilst using HDR mode. I refuse to turn HDR off, its too good!

Anyone have any small ideas as to what 10.30 will bring? 10.25 has me using x-plane 10 full time now. Bye bye FSX. Bring on some AI and ATC and seasonal textures!

Ian

Bye bye FSX

10.30 will probably bring even better flight dynamics, a fix for the awful "blurr", something tells me a new general purpose GPS too, tools for developers to be able to inject weather (?), etc....

We will see :-)

Regarding FSX, I am for the first time enjoying it as never before, and won't really let go of it - not now!!!! I have the gorgeous DX10 mode working smooth as silk, FTX Global, and the mighty ASN injecting weather - it was never like this before!!!

Use both, each for what it does better ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

10.30 will probably bring even better flight dynamics, a fix for the awful "blurr", something tells me a new general purpose GPS too, tools for developers to be able to inject weather (?), etc....

We will see :-)

Regarding FSX, I am for the first time enjoying it as never before, and won't really let go of it - not now!!!! I have the gorgeous DX10 mode working smooth as silk, FTX Global, and the mighty ASN injecting weather - it was never like this before!!!

Use both, each for what it does better ;-)

I fully agree, Jcomm.  There is no either/or on my system.  I just picked up ASN  for FSX yesterday, and am having a blast with it. There are things that FSX excels at, and of course, so for XP.(X) and still, FS9 for that matter. I use all three during the week....and can't see not doing so.  I just feel that all users should have the three on their systems.  They really don't overlap as much as people think....but then of course, those that know that...HAVE all three... , and that's only how they know..... :)

Ses

Brilliant!

I think Ill get that plane too.

I just wish I could get rid of shimmering whilst using HDR mode. I refuse to turn HDR off, its too good!

Anyone have any small ideas as to what 10.30 will bring? 10.25 has me using x-plane 10 full time now. Bye bye FSX. Bring on some AI and ATC and seasonal textures!

Ian

The plane is fabulous, Ian.   You will find that going through clouds (if the weather factors are right) will produce forming condensation on the cockpit windows...and/or snow for that matter.  Very, VERY immersive, and ties you into the moment-in-flight-operation.  It handles and reacts to flight controls within XPX,........... smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothly and just the most slight input of those controls, has you dancing among the clouds....  I actually purchased this sled for both XPX and FSX on the same day. I was so impressed with it....

Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------

BTW, Ian, I only run XPX under HDR.  I also have no shimmering, but do have an nVidia 680 card also being controlled under N.I. settings. I think it is in that ball-park where I have skimmed off any shimmering. I also run HDR at 4/16.

Ses  

I have a GTX 770 4 GB

So I'm assuming I should be able to eliminate shimmering also?

what are your NI settings?

And do you use FSXAA?

Thanks!

Ian

I have a GTX 770 4 GB

So I'm assuming I should be able to eliminate shimmering also?

what are your NI settings?

And do you use FSXAA?

Thanks!

Ian

Let me go and see what I have...and will Post Edit my settings, Ian...hang on...

Post edit:  For Xplane, I have everything for N.I. (X-Plane) as Application Controlled, and have a setting of  4x SGSS This is what will kill/seriously reduce your shim dance. You can find out my entire XPX set up mask in one of my prior screen grabs for SkyMaxx. You will see my HDR settings etc.  

Here is the link, to that screen and more screen grabs, of which I was highlighting the cloud draws of SkyMaxx 3D...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428855-incredible-xpx-system-performancepictorialcloud-immersion-fps-performance/

Cheers!

Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!

I used to be an avid FSX/P3D user.. but the last month I have been slowly building x-plane 10 to my expectations and WOW.. This simulator is the future, period. We absolutely need companies like orbx, pmdg and etc to jump on board!

I used to be an avid FSX/P3D user.. but the last month I have been slowly building x-plane 10 to my expectations and WOW.. This simulator is the future, period. We absolutely need companies like orbx, pmdg and etc to jump on board!

Exactly! Imo it is even ahead of P3DV2. (I own it). We just need good AI and some seasonal textures, and a good weather injector and the base is SET!

Ian

"Be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry careful...XPX.x is easily..er...addictive. You have been warned, lol!

Ses

The plane is fabulous, Ian. You will find that going through clouds (if the weather factors are right) will produce forming condensation on the cockpit windows...and/or snow for that matter. Very, VERY immersive, and ties you into the moment-in-flight-operation. It handles and reacts to flight controls within XPX,........... smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothly and just the most slight input of those controls, has you dancing among the clouds.... I actually purchased this sled for both XPX and FSX on the same day. I was so impressed with it....

Of course the FSX version of the C90B has not all these nice features the XP version has :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Of course the FSX version of the C90B has not all these nice features the XP version has :)

Quite correct...that's why I personally recommend the plane be flown on the XPlane platform....fabulous immersion is offered!

Excellent, excellent shots. If only X-plane had ATC on par with FSX or better I world be buying a new hard drive just for it.

Excellent, excellent shots. If only X-plane had ATC on par with FSX or better I world be buying a new hard drive just for it.

Hang in there, Stonelove, we are anticipating good times with XPX.30 when it lands....keep a watch out... :)

Sounds good, Sesquashtoo. If they implement a better ATC... there will be no words to say.

I agree!  The two things that are lacking and would make XPX.x the premiere and most 'fired up' flight simulation product, would be FSX'ish ATC, and FSX'ish A.I. aircraft.  If Laminar pulls that off in .30 or even by v11.x....and at 64 bit...they will corner the market, and LM will have to start taking advil for the headaches generated....:)  

For 3rd party involvement,:

ORBX to populate with XPXG(lobal)

and Hi-Soft's ASN ported over....

REX for atmospheric graphics...

XPX would then kill all competition, because of what is has to offer as base, and the others do not have.....