Sign in to follow this  
martininus

took HD to new PC with PSS 777 - gauges are not working

Hello

As in the title mentioned, I took an old HD with the complete FS9.1 to a new PC and could reactivate all planes = they are working fine now, except the PSS 777 (and the CS757 - but that's another forum).

The T7 does load, the laod editor is fixed (I browsed the forum already), the start scenario is cold and dark, for a split second the gauges light up, then it gos cold and dark (it's the settings) and after that no button or switch does anything, although the click sounds work...., anyway, the displays stay dark. So I guess something is either missing or a key is needed or else? I do have the weather gauge and the voronoi file.

After some browsing here I could not find an answer to my problem (I hope I have not overlooked it).

Any help to get the T7 back into the vAir would great.

sincerely Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The T7 does load, the laod editor is fixed (I browsed the forum already), the start scenario is cold and dark, for a split second the gauges light up, then it gos cold and dark (it's the settings) and after that no button or switch does anything, although the click sounds work...., anyway, the displays stay dark. So I guess something is either missing or a key is needed or else? I do have the weather gauge and the voronoi file.

After some browsing here I could not find an answer to my problem (I hope I have not overlooked it).

Hi, Martin,

One suggestion: try a different startup state.  If you can change it from inside the PSS 777 go ahead and try, then restart.  If you cannot change it inside the sim, you can by going to

...\Flight Simulator 9\PSS\Boeing 777 (note this is in the FS9 top level folder, NOT the aircraft folder)

and locating the PanelConfig.dat file.    Make a backup of the file.  Then open it with notepad. 

I believe if you set these two lines as follows, it will start up with engines running:

startup_EnginesOff=0
startup_ColdAndDark=0

I could be wrong about the numbers; if this doesn't work I'll try mine and see what the lines should read.

Another possibility is that you are missing the fonts, but I don't think that is the issue here.  The fonts are available at Just Flight by searching, even if you did not buy the plane there.

Finally, Blackbox Simulations is the successor to PSS, so if all else fails, try filing a support ticket with them.

See if this helps.

Mike

Hello Mike

I have to say you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could have tried that one too, but didn't think of it..... Thanks Mike!

Not cold and dark solved the problem.

Martin

I have to say you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could have tried that one too, but didn't think of it..... Thanks Mike!

Not cold and dark solved the problem.

Hi, Martin,

Glad I could help! 

The C & D state should still work.  One thing to try is loading the default  Cessna flight first, then the PSS 777.  I don't recall if it says this in the manual, but the 777 runs better if you do that first.

Mike

That's what I always do. Load the Cessna then the actual designated aircraft. I'm excited as it is now two years since I "lost" my flightsim. Time to go flying again.

Martin

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk