Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

DC3 or DC2 for P3DV2?

Can anyone recommend a DC3 or DC2 that works in P3D V2?
Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Mannfred Jahn's freeware DC3 works in P3D2 very well, downloadable from Sim-Outhouse.

Cheers

keith

LM provides a default DC3 - the JustFlight version.  However, when I fly it, everything is OK through takeoff, but soon thereafter, the camera views stop working. For example, when simply viewing the VC, all the graphics disappear but the scenery, sky and weather. Has anyone else had this problem?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

That's the demo version of their payware DC3 - above 1,000 ft the VC cuts out by design - you can fix that by buying it!

But it's not packaged with P3D - you must have downloaded it?
They do package the Constellation and P38 from JustFlight, both Lockheed products - they wouldn't include a competitors plane! :-)

The Jahn DC3 is still the best bet.

Cheers

Keith

I agree 100% with Keith... Jahn's DC3 is still the best by far!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That's the demo version of their payware DC3 -

You're right, it is the demo version. I forgot that I downloaded it. I have bought the full version now, and I think the JustFlight DC3 is very good actually. Beautiful exterior, VC with clear graphics and 90% functional, many systems seem to be simulated, great sound set. I recommend it. I don't have the Jahn version - what makes it superior to the JustFlight DC3?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Well, put it like this, I uninstalled the JF DC3 after downloading the Jahn version! While I agree, the JF version has a beautiful exterior, as has Jahn's, but IMO the JF VC sucks. It is so clinical and perfect, it lacks any marks and I think is very unrealistic. The Jahn version, is really nicely modelled. I must add though, that a guy over at Simhouse has been working on a Hi res VC, which looking at some of the previews is simply stunning. As for the FDE, while I've never been lucky enough to fly a DC3, I prefer the feel of Jahn's to that of the JF version.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The FDE for the Manfred Jahn DC-3 is by Alexander Metzger, one of the starts of FS flight dynamics.  PMDG recently engaged him to develop the FDE for their DC-6.

Manfred's also gives you a wonderful soundset by Ted Wolfgang, realistic engine starts, and engine damage as a result of mismangement.

If you follow the long Sim Outhouse thread out to page 25, you'll find instructions for cobbling together an interim vintage VC out of parts of the default and other freeware versions.  That's until Jan Visser can finish the newer, much better version that Rockliffe mentions.

Worth notiing also - the Uiver DC-2 works nicely in P3D.

Worth notiing also - the Uiver DC-2 works nicely in P3D.

The Ulver DC2 - how does it compare to the JF and Jahn DC3s?

The Ulver DC2 - how does it compare to the JF and Jahn DC3s?

In quality, equal to Manfred's, and a better VC (really vintage), especially with the latest 3D gauge update.  It's really a different airplane, though - slower, less rudder authority and less overall stability so less forgiving, balkier to start, no cowl flaps so managing engine temps is a bit more challenging, systems are more fragile (e.g. don't lower your gear over the recommended extension speed).  In all an authentic representation of an earlier draft that eventually became a DC-3.  I wouldn't want to be without it, but I'm glad I'm able to upgrade to the DC-3 when I want to.

I have Manfred’s DC-3 and the Ulver DC-2 both I stapled in P3D.  I need to figure out the sound set up because the checklist reading doesn’t work for me in P3D but everything else works great.  The Ulver DC-2 has great exteriors, great flight dynamics, but I am not a fan of the cockpit textures at all.  I also think it must be a European cockpit issue, but there is no Sperry Autopilot and no NDB. It makes navigating the routes across the US a little more difficult at the older airports.  On the Jahn DC-3, I really wish they had implemented the Sperry autopilot like we had in the Maam DC-3, but absent an update to that plane, it is pretty darned good. And it’s freeware. As freeware it’s unbelievably high quality. I also appreciate the interior and exterior textures. (Except there seems to be no decent TWA paint for it. The one I found looks like it was cobbled together)