Sign in to follow this  
jaystar48

VATSIM a place people decide by ''evidence''

MY apologies in advance  for length of this thread and as the first post of mine im sorry again.I'm a Jay Alexander i just needed a place to voice my opinion because VATSIM is an utter disappointment. The so called ''BOG''  vice president for membership in the USA wont even respond to me...a few days ago 4 to be exact i get off work coming to wine down on the VATSIM network. Trying to log in it just wont go through, i checked my email to find:

Jason Alexander (1265135),
This is an automated notice from the VATSIM central database.
You have been permanently suspended for the following reason:
DUPLICATE ID REQUESTED - OTHER ID(S) WERE ACTIVE
Duplicate ID found. We are suspending permanently this ID and we are keeping in active status the ID 876827.
Please do NOT create any new accounts as they will be tracked down.
If you need assistance please visit http://membership.vatsim.net/user/
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RE-CONNECT TO THE VATSIM NETWORK OR TRY TO CREATE
A NEW ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME! Any such attempt will result in the automatic
notification of your Regional Director. Your Regional Director or your
Divisional Director will contact you to follow up on this matter.
Please note: You cannot reply to this automated e-mail.

further analysis on the id which was not mine James Blanco 876827. i come to find that its was created over a DECADE ago i was 11 then 22 now (2003-07-08 05:44:14) when my orignal account was created (2013-07-25 16:58:28) he is a controller and i am not, I searched it in the forgot pass list the email was  ????@yahoo.com i dont know what the EMAIL IS! i cant even access the damn account.

​It was a ridiculous banning, coming from a hard days work i was angered. from here ill post the the full conversation starting with what they replied when i sent my tickets.

---Mr. Alexander,

We have re-reviewed our security records and have determined that contrary to your statement evidence shows that you have made multiple accounts.
The choice is yours. You can use your original account: 876827 or you can choose to not use VATSIM it's that simple.
If you continue to make further accounts then we can help make that decision for you.
Regards,

Brian Pryor - 810138
Membership Dept Team Lead 
VATSIM North America

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME ---ITS NOT MINE THAT WAS MADE OVER A DECADE AGO IM 22 YEARS OLD SIR WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME

=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please re-read my message. I understand what you're saying but our position is not changing. The evidence shows otherwise. 

Do you have some physical proof of your identity that shows your name and age that you'd be willing to share?
Brian Pryor - 810138
VATSIM North America

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME --(HERE i sent him my freaking photo id in this message my birth date and name. you think he would just let it go?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that information.

Can you explain why we have positive matches to other accounts? Have you shared your computer with anyone else who uses VATSIM?

Brian Pryor - 810138
VATSIM North America

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME- no i have not i switch internet providers that the only network relate activity in the last month. i switched from clearwire to time warner cable. what ever your using to weed out duplicate account is flawed

im the only one who uses my pc no other users. let alone me having my pc a decade ago to create that id. the only id i have is the one that got banned on this pc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So no one else has used your computer at all for VATSIM? I'm not talking IP, but actual computer..

Brian Pryor - 810138
VATSIM North America

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME-- im the only one who uses my pc no other users. let alone me having my pc a decade ago to create that id. the only id i have is the one that got banned on this pc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There remains the problem. I'm sure now that you're Jason Alexander. But our records (which i've been here since the networks beginning and they've yet to ever be wrong) show that your computer has continued to be a match to the account of James Blanco. Your IP has changed but the computer itself remains a match.
Until we can get a straight answer as to your link with these other accounts it just isn't possible to re-activate your account.
When you are willing to explain the link truthfully we can continue.

Brian Pryor - 810138
VATSIM North America

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME-  man my pc is not a decade old are you kidding me i have a toshiba satalite notebook i play vatsim on this is ###### you vatsim person are the most ridiculous iv ever dealt with what more proof do you want? MY PC IS A TOSHIBA SATELLITE NOTBOOKI THATS WHAT I PLAYU VATSIM ON ITS NOT A DECADE OLD I RUNS WINDOWS 7

ME-  what you mean by explaining the link truthfully that what iv been doing all along i sent you my freaking id. who are you man? in no shape im related to anyone named john blanco this is a new laptop how can it be linked what ever bot your using is screwed up. i sent you my freaking id and birth date i was 11 when this other account was made are you kidding me? 

ME- its painfully obvious your trying your hardest to be correct but your wrong. why do you try so hard to be correct because trying to save face lead? i have a toshiba laptop no need to tell you my info i sent you my id . its a new pc not a decade old come on now man

ME - now i see why people move to ivao its because of unprofessionial appointed people like yourself how much ''evidence'' do you idiots need? if its spite you have no evidence can prove you wrong sir.

=========================================================================================================================================================

I SENT THIS MAN MY ID AND PICTURES OF MY PC! all this was over an account created a decade ago which im pretty sure the orignal holder USES! i checked he flew from KPHL TO KMIA 

i normally do KJFK TO CYYZ back and forth and some times KJFK TO KMIA

they say he uses my pc but im the only one with log in credentials for my PC!

let this be known and archived the morons behind VATSIM  

I am on VATSIM but from India and fly mainly in Europe . They probably must also be checking the connecting IP  , if you have a static IP you could rewrite to them stating that this is the IP you shall be connecting from always hence they could very the other connection originating from.

Why not use IVAP they are good.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I've been apart of VATSIM for 7+ years and never a serious issue. I do have to say that your attitude in the emails were not helping your case at all though.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Jaystar 48

Im sorry but you will need to sign off on your posts here to proof that you are who you are

(couldn't resist) lol

ZORAN

how i been nothing but truthful these people where spinning me in circles ignore all what im telling them of course i got frustrated!

how i been nothing but truthful these people where spinning me in circles ignore all what im telling them of course i got frustrated!

My suggestion as mentioned earlier about the IP thing and if they track it that would be good and they do track. Hey everyone gets frustrated.

they said they see my ip has change but its my pc thats being tracked it has two users..why will i choose now to make an account from a decade ago ya know? they dont answer me man i already created an ivao account gonna do my flights there 

its just so stupid how they just blacklist ppl for no reason

they said they see my ip has change but its my pc thats being tracked it has two users..why will i choose now to make an account from a decade ago ya know? they dont answer me man i already created an ivao account gonna do my flights there 

its just so stupid how they just blacklist ppl for no reason

They cannot track your PC except the Mac address that comes through the TCP header. As a MAC address is unique. So if your MAC address comes in when you are not logged that means it is being spoofed.

IVAP is good. I fly with them too :) at times though as I am not comfortable with the IVAP client.

i told them what ever they use is not very good. i only had one account look how many flights i did 

http://www.vataware.com/pilot.cfm?cid=1265135

i dont get it and they wont listen to me dude! i basically gave up

Hey there could a person with a similar name but a similar IP hmmmmmmmmmmm ! no. unless dynamic IP and in the same ISP network and surrounding area.

Anyway fly with IVAP.

I really don't blame you, seriously something wrong over there, to much ego tripping, since switching to IVAO have had nothing but fun.

I'm sad to read you've had issues, but Vatsim are not an utter disappointment. 

They provide an excellent service for free.

Yesterday I flew from Bristol, UK to Glasgow, UK with a Ground service at Bristol and Radar and Tower service at Glasgow. 

Awesome stuff!

I would assume they have suspended the Blanco account as well-- perhaps he will contact Vatsim to resolve also?

Unfortunate guilty until proven innocent mentality.  What data are they collecting to identify a particular PC aside from IP?

To the OP, I wish no offense, and I know in frustration some things go out the window, however, correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation will take you a long way when in this kind of situation.  It's all you have to present yourself and your character with in this kind of environment--Look, they hold all the cards and you hold none.  Calm down and take a deep breath, contact them again and rehash the facts, and find out what needs to be done to correct it.

All said, if you don't pursue this further, and utilize another service, I would not blame you!

Good luck,

Don

Hate to say this, but the way you let your frustration come out in those lasts few emails may have killed (or at least really damaged) your chances of getting this taken care of, especially with the poor grammar and such.

You have to assume that either 1) Your media access control (MAC) address has somehow been "recognized" as matching that of someone else's computer (it's a physical impossibility that they woud actually BE the same, since the MAC address is physically burned onto each individual network device, such as your network interface card), or they have some other way of "recognizing" your computer that I don't know about.

And no, he didn't suspend the Blanco account--he said so himself (he wants the OP to go back to using it).