Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Sudden changes in scenery colour

Anyone else sometimes get this? The screenshots show coming into KSFO. Every half-minute or so, the colours of the landscape change, as shown. It's not the monitor, as it is only the terrain and sky that change (see the clouds). Maybe due to AS6.5??? The cockpit colour stays constant.

It doesn't happen all that often, but I can't see any constant factor (location, aircraft etc.).

Any ideas??

Martin

post-110788-0-01700400-1387234072.jpg

post-110788-0-27592500-1387234081.jpg

Hi,

it seems to me that it is connected with a change in visibility range. Also in my sim, if visibility gets lower, beyond some value the environment colours change indeed; the get "greyer". I don't have AS 6.5 so I can't confirm how this application changes visibility settings and if the colour change you observed coincides with a visibility change. I use FSRealWX lite and I do smooth visibility changes with FSUIPC.

I hope this is of value for you

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Martin, you don't specify your PC, but reading your problems in this and other threads, I'd say it's time for a graphics card upgrade...

Problem is, this only happens every now and again so is hard to troubleshoot.

I do specify my PC - it's always at the bottom of my posts, as a signature. It's not a GPU problem, I am pretty sure. I have had this problem for ages (though it's rare, as I say) and it continues just the same even though I upgraded my graphics card a few months ago..

Thanks,

Martin

Ah - many people configure not to see signatures, to avoid clutter.

I am one!

The "right" place for PC specs is in your profile, along with "My Simulator" etc

You almost certainly have a hardware problem, though.

You keep posting these display glitches from time to time, all point to issues with the graphics pipe.

Martin,

it is, as Harald says, visibility change. Your hardware is fine. In the first shot you don't see the ocean while in the second it is clearly visible. This happens to me as well at times.

regards,

Jure

Yes, thanks for replying, but it's really not a hardware issue WingZ. I also have FS9 installed on a Dell XPS M1730 (for travel) and it happens there too sometimes. And I had it on my previous PC before I upgraded to my current one. Hardware glitches on multiple machines? Most unlikely - and stress testing components on my current PC has shown all to be working fine.

If your weather programm allows this, you should limit maximum visibility to something like 40 miles. That should fix it - latest AS works well, older versions didn't for me. The FS9 engine makes a huge colour jump in visibility between the 40 mile setting and the next higher one because of the way haze is simulated. Unlimited visibility is mostly unrealistic anyway, so no big loss.

Good luck!

Sascha

Are you using AS6.5 or ASE, Sascha?

I only use default and weather themes at the time, but I am getting ASE. My brother uses it as described above and so far it has been the only engine which really managed to fix the visibility levels. I had AS 6.5 but din't really warm to it, I had some issues with visibility changes between cloud layers (yes, these colour changes), otherwise it was great.