Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

ASN over a Network

Use 500. Do you have your server IP address enter correctly? Can you see/acces your FSX folder from the client computer ?

500 never worked for me, but 6600 always has.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Use 500. Do you have your server IP address enter correctly? Can you see/acces your FSX folder from the client computer ?

Yes Sir, I can access my FSX APP FSX Files and the main FSX folder.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The manual specifically says, "Properly installing and configuring SimConnect is not documented here." It says to open port 445 in the firewall settings on both machines. That is not related to simconnect settings. If you haven't heard of it, do a search for SimConnect Config Tool. It's an awesome little app that makes configuring simconnect a breeze. 

The manual specifically says, "Properly installing and configuring SimConnect is not documented here." It says to open port 445 in the firewall settings on both machines. That is not related to simconnect settings. If you haven't heard of it, do a search for SimConnect Config Tool. It's an awesome little app that makes configuring simconnect a breeze. 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLICK CLICK BOOM!! It works! Thanks everyone! I really love all of you for helping me. Jesse if we ever meet in person I owe you a few beers 

Why is it when I disconnect my ethernet cable and go on Wifi with my laptop all of my files that choose to share dissappear>

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLICK CLICK BOOM!! It works! Thanks everyone! I really love all of you for helping me. Jesse if we ever meet in person I owe you a few beers 

Glad I could help Ron! That's what it's all about. No beers necessary (but sounds good:)

After switching to wifi, close the Explorer window and reopen it, see if that helps.

Why is it when I disconnect my ethernet cable and go on Wifi with my laptop all of my files that choose to share dissappear>

Can you share what you did to get it working? What steps did you take? Did you use the sim connect tool? Where on your laptop is the simconnect.xml located? Your help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reece

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Where on your laptop is the simconnect.xml located?

The simconnect.xml should be located on your server pc in the app data folder (along with your fsx.cfg.) The simconnect.cfg file on your client pc, or laptop, could be in a number of locations. It depends on the app you are trying to connect with the server. For example, the ASN simconnect.cfg is located at Hifi/ASNext_FSX/SimConnectFiles in your install location. Who knows where PlanG simconnect.cfg is but you control it from the app itself. 

Hope that is helpful and makes sense.

Ok, I have now got everything working great, Thanks a lot guys!

Ron Hamilton

as2012 works fine over the network for me but not so asn. ASN works fine only if i start it before the sim.If I start fsx before asn asn cannot find my appdata folder.

all hints and help welcome

V

In my case,,,,i had as2012 running fine over my wireless network....but with asn I got no joy.

I read up on simconnect and it showed I only had version 1a sdk on the client,,,so I updated to ver 2 sdk...but still no joy.

then I made sure my server/fsx machine had all the versions of the sdk installed again It didn't so I put on up to ver2 and it now works great

Andy

I also suggest you install the hot fix and the latest FSUIPC and try.  I was having issues with ASN disconnecting mid-flight and also if ASN was started first, it would not connect to FSX.  The "lock to aircraft" button would stay grayed out and no loading of weather, even thought it said it was connected to the simulator in green letters.  If I started FSX first, it seemed to connect. I had an older version of FSUIPC (4.921).

I just updated both and started ASN first and it connected immediately after FSX loaded.  Haven't flown a flight yet, but the connection seems to work better.

--Don

Don Polidori

then I made sure my server/fsx machine had all the versions of the sdk installed again It didn't so I put on up to ver2 and it now works great

You mean simconnect v2 ? I tried everything suggested  but no joy ! What a pain.

When you select the FSX folder on the flight sim computer there is a question about installing the .dll file there if it isn't present.  Did you get this question.  I wonder if your simconnect is ok but ASN is not finding its other half and therefore not behaving.  Do you have other software that works over simconnect right now even though ASN doesn't.  It would be a way of knowing if simconnect is alright.