Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

Most Popular Subjects on a Flight Sim Forum

I personally find it interesting which post and subjects get the most attention on a flight sim forum.

• Post something about an actually aviation subject like advanced navigation, aircraft systems, how to fly approaches, routes, or other actual proper procedures and yawn the response seems to be minimal.

• Post something about hardware and somewhat more responses.

• Post about addons  - ok we are starting to ramp up now as there and many different opinions and people stand up for their favorite product.

• How about flight sim tweaking - yeap going to get more post and probably a bit of friction thrown in for good measure.

• But the winner is if people want to talk about their feelings. BOOM the thread explodes. I guess we all just need a hug. :)

Me - Yeah I am guilty.

• Would I enjoy some more talk about actual aviation - yeah a whole lot more.

• More talk about hardware - Personally unless it is directly flight sim specific, IMO, this is not the place I would take much advice. Go to the source and guys that do the stuff everyday as their hobby and are as passionate on their forums about hardware as simmers are about ..…addons & feelings. Looking up charts and burn test is not always what real people find using real applications.

•  Addons - This is an awesome place to find information. Though it can require a keen eye to relevant information and get pass a some peoples emotional/loyalty opinions.

• Tweaking the sim - I learned if I want to enjoy my time off and use the sim for what it is for - flying -  following the tweaking guys you can really get carried away with doing nothing but worrying about things that really have little to do with flying.

• Touchy Feely post - not really for me, ehh but reading it can pass the time at work.

Avsim can be addictive. There are new post every time I visit.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Avsim can be addictive. There are new post every time I visit.

I think a "new post every time you visit" is probably an understatement. :lol:

ScreenHunter_12 Dec. 16 20.55.jpg

You hit the nail right on the head. That is one very true analysis. I agree with your thoughts though, it would be nice to spend more time on real life aviation.

Why yes Mr. Allensworth, actually there are always more post than I can keep up with. We are a busy lot.

And I should also add I did no research on actual post percentages so I should have started the post with my disclaimer "From my observations".

Rob

Check my post in Hanger Chat "RW hands on flying, Scary.

Thanks,

Ron

Don't let the flight deck officer catch you posting when you should be piloting. :lol:

Rob

It works on a "Product of the Day" basis as far as I can work out and combinations thereof:

So recently we've had:

FTX Global - saint or sinner?

When is the PMDG 777 coming out?

Does the PMDG 777 have weather radar?

The PMDG 777 is released!

Can I start the PMDG 777's engines with Cntrl E?

Now that the PMDG 777 is released, will the PMDG DC6, PMDG MD11 V2, PMDG NGX V2, PMDG Il-62 and PMDG Vickers Viscount be released by the end of the week?

Will the PMDG DC6, PMDG MD11 V2, PMDG NGX V2, PMDG Il-62 and PMDG Vickers Viscount have weather radar?

When is P3D V2 coming out?

P3D is released!

Now I have P3D V2, I took FSX out and buried it

Now I don't have FSX, why doesn't the PMDG 777 work properly in P3D V2?

When is ASN coming out?

Will ASN work in P3D V2?

ASN is released!

Does the PMDG 777 weather radar work with ASN in P3D V2?

ngxu_banner.png

My favourite subjects:

"How is my grammar?"   :rolleyes:

"Basic sense of humour sorely needed in the flightsim community!"   :lol:

"Why are flightsimmers so rude to weather radar lovers?!?"   :LMAO:

The tweaking epidemic really came into it's own with FSX, you couldn't get around it and it took years to find things that actually worked. Hopefully this won't be such a prevalent necessary evil moving forward with future incarnations of FS. That's a piece of history I'd love to leave well behind. Time is much better spent talking about add-ons, aviation, and real world flying.

As far as the 'touchy feely' postings I guess people need to go back to square one every now and then concerning the fine art of socializing. It's good to reflect from time to time to keep ourselves in check.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2